Considering Dahua

CJ555

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So a managed switch can be used as an unmanaged switch??
In other words the "added features" are not necessarily needed and can be used later,...but do not actually make set up/configure any harder?
Just want to be sure before I go that route! Like I said I have enough questions to ask you guys and don't want to add any more!! LOL

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So a managed switch can be used as an unmanaged switch??
In other words the "added features" are not necessarily needed and can be used later,...but do not actually make set up/configure any harder?
Just want to be sure before I go that route! Like I said I have enough questions to ask you guys and don't want to add any more!! LOL
Correct, plug and play to get up and running.

CJ555

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That switch you are considering even has auto power so when you plug in a device like a camera it will know to auto power up that port. Plug in something else like a computer that doesn't need power and it won't put power on that port. Bout as easy as it gets.
Thanks Penguin,...now I am definitely going with it.

CJ555

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Absolutely! Ill just run a looooong cat6 from my upstairs down to the garage to the switch then hook the cameras up to the switch. It's a possibility I'll have some cables fished through the walls by then but I wont drill holes until I am positive of the placement. With day/night and different zooms I am guessing this may take 1-3 days,...but will be worth it when it's done.
I will do my best but something tells me I will be asking the most basic questions from the time the camera get plugged in!!

Thanks again to EVERYONE
I know in the long run I will be much more happy when I am finally done then if I would of bought a DIY Swan system from Best Buy. And I'm still laughing at myself for even considering those Arlos!!
It's nice knowing I have better cable, MUCH better cameras,....and the best "tech support" I could ever ask for. You guys rock!