Constant stuttering/dropped frames BI server

Reaction score

I have 9 amcrest cameras (7 dome POE and 2 wifi). Dedicated server with i5 and 8gb ram win 10. Ssd for main and wd purple for recording. I have direct to disk, blue iris encoding, intel hardware quicksync accel and everything else rec. I've stepped down fps to 10 for all cameras. I even brought resolution down a notch as they are 3mp cameras. Cant seem to find culprit. I purchased i7 and waiting on ssd so see if that helps but cpu is only at 60-70% and 2.4 Ram. I am using continuous recording and turned off pre trigger buffer and that helped cpu usage.

On another note when I initially make changes I get cpu drop down into 20-30’s but then it always comes back up to 70’s.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good job on posting the video.
This is a normal problem.

On each cameras set the frame rate to 15 frames per second or less, set the Iframe to the frame rate value also. Use the variable bit rate type.
if you are using Blue iris, do not use any special encoding on the cameras use only H.264 or H.265. Smart codec is off.
if this is on the wifi camera, that may be the problem.

Reaction score
Good job on posting the video.
This is a normal problem.

On each cameras set the frame rate to 15 frames per second or less, set the Iframe to the frame rate value also. Use the variable bit rate type.
if you are using Blue iris, do not use any special encoding on the cameras use only H.264 or H.265. Smart codec is off.
if this is on the wifi camera, that may be the problem.
I have frame rate on cameras at 10fps and also 10fps in BI server. I have vbr bit rate on cameras (not sure if this is BI option). H264 encoding already set.
This was hardwired cam. Happens on wifi and poe.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have frame rate on cameras at 10fps and also 10fps in BI server. I have vbr bit rate on cameras (not sure if this is BI option). H264 encoding already set.
This was hardwired cam. Happens on wifi and poe.
you must match the iframe interval to the FPS in the camera. the fps setting in blue iris auto adjusts. it should be a bit higher than the actual fps.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
provide a screen shot of the video camera setting on the camera. This screen will have the frame rate and encode mode.

In BI screen shots for the camera
1) video tab
2) record tab
3) video format and compression button on the record tab

Reaction score
provide a screen shot of the video camera setting on the camera. This screen will have the frame rate and encode mode.

In BI screen shots for the camera
1) video tab
2) record tab
3) video format and compression button on the record tab
Ok posted photos of settings. Also found iframe on amcrest, its just labeled fram interval for that brand. I changed them all to 10. So iframe is 10, fps is 10 on cameras. Then BI has 15 fps under video tab. Ill see if improves.