Continuous green event line on playback Hikvision 2X42 cameras

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just completed an upgrade to Hikvision 9632 NVR. I have 20 Hikvision cameras on a 48 port POE switch. Noticing a peculiar issue with 4 cameras: 3 of them are Hikvision 2342W and one is a 2142FWD. All have firmware 5.4.1. On playback the event line is solid green but playback is perfect otherwise even frame by frame. I tried to lower motion sensitivity on the NVR but the settings do not stick and no change- solid green. I accessed the cameras directly via the web interface and on live view the main stream image flashes rapidly. Sub stream image is OK. Using web interface set the motion sensing to lowest sensitivity and no change. Have tried rebooting cameras and flashed one of the cameras to a later build of 5.4.1-no change and also reset to factory default. Max bit rate is set like the other cameras in the recommended range and fps is set 8-12. 9632 has latest firmware.

Thanks for any suggestions.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Additional information: if I do an event search for motion on the affected cameras the results are normal, in other words events are triggered by normal motion and there are not continuous events.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a recollection that the FWD R6 around that firmware version had an image pulsing ('twinkling') issue that was resolved with later firmware.
Sorry - but I don't recall the fine detail.
Firmware selection here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to confirm OK to use European firmware on US camera?

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to update on this to see if others may have the same problem. The live view issue is a problem with Mac Safari so that's solved. I did reach out to Hik tech support and for the solid green event line they suggested turning off dynamic motion analysis. This works but now no events show up on the time line even though a search for motion events works fine. It's just annoying I cannot see them on the playback timeline. Changing sensitivity has no effect.

I found a newer firmware version (3.4.3) for the NVR and the cameras (5.4.4) on the US ftp site but this did not solve the problem. It is only an issue with some of the 2342W and 2142FWD cameras but not all.

This seems like something a firmware update can fix just wondering if others have noticed it too. This NVR model seems new maybe not enough user feedback.

Reaction score
I recently installed 12 2142fwd dome cameras and 2 of them are having this same issue. Hope someone will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a ticket open w Hikvision support. Might be helpful for you to do the same to expedite a fix (techsupport.usa at hikvision.com).

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes not all of the cameras show a solid green line but I noticed the others of the same model inaccurately reflect motion with the green event hash marks. Also my NVR displays a thumbnail strip when you mouse over the timeline and with all of these cameras the thumbnail says"resource not available".

Reaction score
Ds7716ni-sp. I actually just realized that the 2 cameras that I'm having issues with are version 5.3.3 and the rest are 5.4.1. I'm guessing that is the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hopefully for you. All my 2X42 cameras have latest firmware and they are all still problematic. Some show continuous event line. The others the green hash marks do not depict motion accurately. I submitted information to Hikvision tech support waiting to hear back.

I installed a new 2T42 outdoor bullet 2 days ago and it worked perfectly until after midnight then reverted to continuous green event line. Has 5.4.3 firmware