Continuous recording not showing alerts in Playback

Eric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I have my NVR (LTN8708-P8) set to record continuously 24/7 and also have "Enable Motion Detection" and "Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion" checked.

However when I view my playback history, it only shows the blue continuous bar and shows me no signs of motion/alarms. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Eric, if you set it to continuous, you can only see the motion alerts via the NVR itself. Not via the web interface...not sure why they did this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ouch! That's going to be a problem. I guess back to the drawing board then. Thanks for the quick reply!

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really wish Hikvision would include this in the web interface/iVMS-4500.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who runs a headless NVR.

Eric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who runs a headless NVR.
That's exactly my setup as well. I'll have to hook up the NVR to a monitor again but I don't recall seeing motion alerts on the NVR either, but I could be mistaken.

Point is I'd rather not have to be required to have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse hooked up to my system in order to use it when the web interface is available as well. :rolleyes-new:

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did know before I bought the NVR people were saying you sorta 'need' to have a mouse and monitor on the NVR. I was hoping they would have fixed it by now lol..

I'm not sure if it's firmware dependent for the motion detection to show up on the NVR itself, I don't have a spare screen to plug in so I can't check mine.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try to use IVMS4200's event search to view when the motion happened even on continuous (depending on the version of ivms4200, the one i have recently automatically shows List of Events on the right when I do playback). this is from the user manual of ivms 4200 v 2.3.1.3 build20150416

Attachments

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just tried that and nothing....