Costco Lorex 4k camera worthy?

Coderedpl

n3wb
Reaction score
Long story short, someone I know bought the Costco Lorex kit, but they are not using a few of the cameras and seeing as I need a few, they offered them to me at $80 a piece.

Model is E891ab
4K Ultra HD Smart Deterrence IP Camera

You guys think it's a decent deal? Or is the quality crappy enough that I should run even with that price

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Long story short, someone I know bought the Costco Lorex kit, but they are not using a few of the cameras and seeing as I need a few, they offered them to me at $80 a piece.

Model is E891ab

You guys think it's a decent deal? Or is the quality crappy enough that I should run even with that price
at 80 dollars that camera is a steal as it has a large 1/1.8" sensor. There is a thread or two on it. Note these are wide angle 2.8mm cameras and if you need a tighter view/more detail they wont work well.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Model is E891ab

Good deal @Coderedpl considering the new kit has cameras with smaller sensors.

Coderedpl

n3wb
Reaction score
at 80 dollars that camera is a steal as it has a large 1/1.8" sensor. There is a thread or two on it. Note these are wide angle 2.8mm cameras and if you need a tighter view/more detail they wont work well.
I'm looking for general coverage, and if I end up needing something more than these provide, I'll end up changing it out.
Yeah good price, but like @fenderman said they are wide view, so they will be good for overview cameras.
That's the plan, hoping it works the way i think it will.
Good deal @Coderedpl considering the new kit has cameras with smaller sensors.
Thanks for the advice.