CPU Issues

ndstate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

Blue Iris is using 75%+ CPU with 4 cameras. 2 cameras are 720p Foscams (I know). 1 4mp Hik and 1 2mp Dahua. I am running Blue Iris on a Dell OptiPlex 3040 i5-6500 8GB ram. H.264 HW decode is set to Yes (no VPP) on all cameras. Direct to disk is enabled.

What is a good way to begin to troubleshoot this situation? I have read many posts on the forums, but feel stuck. Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Blue Iris is using 75%+ CPU with 4 cameras. 2 cameras are 720p Foscams (I know). 1 4mp Hik and 1 2mp Dahua. I am running Blue Iris on a Dell OptiPlex 3040 i5-6500 8GB ram. H.264 HW decode is set to Yes (no VPP) on all cameras. Direct to disk is enabled.

What is a good way to begin to troubleshoot this situation? I have read many posts on the forums, but feel stuck. Thanks in advance.
Are you running the demo? direct to disk does not work on the demo
are you logging in remotely? via teamviewer or the like?

ndstate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No I am running the full version. Yes I am using Teamviewer, Windows reports that is using about 30% CPU. BI is using 40+% according to task manager. The CPU reported in Blue Iris is full system load, correct? BI at 40+% with only a few cameras seems high, correct?

Intel HD hardware acceleration is set to Yes (H.264)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No I am running the full version. Yes I am using Teamviewer, Windows reports that is using about 30% CPU. BI is using 40+% according to task manager. The CPU reported in Blue Iris is full system load, correct? BI at 40+% with only a few cameras seems high, correct?
this is common...windows will not report the proper usage allocated to TV...hook up a local monitor or check via the blue iris mobile app with TV disconnected and you will see. If your fps is about 15 you should be at about 15-20 percent.