Crazy guy hops my fence!

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
You know, I never update Deepstack. Should I be?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow, cert invalid on the Deepstack website and the download links don't work. Had to get it from GitHub

Is Deepstack abandoned?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that should run it. I am still running the older Deepstack.

DeepStack seemed to be not as responsive to requests and updates and that is why BI switched to CodeProject.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Alright updated and tweaked some settings, lets see how it goes. So far so good, but it did last a little while before too

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Its no wonder the USA has a problem with shooting deaths. Why not just call the police? That's what happens in civilized countries.
I see you have a water tap and hose. How about setting up a sprinkler system with a solenoid water valve linked to your camera alerts? No-one gets killed and the guy runs away.
I did call the cops, but they still have to arrive, and there is a weird guy outside my bedroom window

I can't imagine thinking that its uncivilized to not want criminals trespassing? Honestly If I could have legally shot him with no backlash, I would

The vast, vast, VAST majority of US shooting deaths are the almost half that are suicide, and then the majority of the rest are gang on gang violence. Really nothing to do with actual peoples culture

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its no wonder the USA has a problem with shooting deaths. Why not just call the police? That's what happens in civilized countries.
I see you have a water tap and hose. How about setting up a sprinkler system with a solenoid water valve linked to your camera alerts? No-one gets killed and the guy runs away.
Are you fucking kidding me? US has problems with shooting deaths because we dont enforce our laws and coddle young thugs. This POS criminal would be the cause of his death if push came to shove. In civilized countries you dont have animals climbing your fence to steal your shit. Do you know that HALF the Counties in the US have ZERO gun deaths and half of the gun deaths occur in only about 100 cities? Want to guess why? Perhaps its time to use your brain vs just believing anything you read. You are a special kind of dumbass. Legal gun owners like the pizza man rarely kill. Guns prevent millions of crimes per year. Millions. You can sit by while your wife and daughter are raped and tell them they should not resist and act civilized until police arrive.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you have a very unrealistic views of the criminals we have here in the USA. This isn't a comedy TV show where they guy screams and runs away because his shirt got wet.

This guy likely is on some kind of drugs and is not thinking straight and/or has some mental illness. Hours earlier he was at peoples front door completely naked. I'm sorry you don't like the fact I don't want someone like this on my property, let alone near my family

The fact that many people here will defend their property with force also amplifies his intentions, he knows he won't just get sprinkled with a hose like in Australia, so he's decided that getting shot is worth the risk. Good intentions, right?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that allowed outside the US? He's still packing. It's just his choice of colours and ammo that are questionable.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I really need to get my AI functional.
You are the Noob with cameras that all have AI correct? If so it is easy, especially with the field of views you are setting up where you aren't trying to do too much with one field of view.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
You are the Noob with cameras that all have AI correct? If so it is easy, especially with the field of views you are setting up where you aren't trying to do too much with one field of view.
Yea, they all have AI. I just need to find the time to read up on it and mess with it.