Current Logitech Alert user, Seeking Alternatives

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I went over to review made by @networkcameracritic and asked him for an explanation , his response was very interesting. If true the firmware can make a difference in the fps, so I wonder if the peeps advertising it at 30fps have hacked the firmware to get the 30 fps - again very confusing. :wondering:

I wonder if I should purchase it from a vendor that advertises 3MP @ 30fps and see (after asking them directly if it does 3MP @ 30fps - that is if they say it does), whatcha think?
There is no way you are getting 30fps at 3mp...even if you could there is almost never a need for it...the vendors who state 30 are simply making a mistake...

jrgentle

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, after lots of back and forth I've decided to go with your recommendation, the Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-IS as the camera to replace the Logitechs, I'll be ordering one here soon and then we can do a side by side comparison with the Logitech 750e I still have.

Did you get a chance to do the comparison?? The anticipation is killing us ;-)

Keith L.

n3wb
Reaction score
Realize this thread is nearly five years old now, but for the possible benefit of other Logitech Alert owners who come across it, I wanted to post here that I just easily and inexpensively replaced a failing 700e power adapter with a $9 iCreatin Wall Plug 48w POE (Power Over Ethernet) injector and a TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter, which sell as a pair for just $29.

There was no configuration required, literally plug and play straight out of the boxes, and Alert Commander immediately found and connected the camera just as before with the original power supply.

Kudos to Logitech for using reliable hardware standards in these cameras.

As for why we bother to keep our Alert cameras in this era of smart, HD WiFi IP cams: Logitech Alert zone-based motion detection is free, the Windows app is one of the most user-friendly interfaces for residential surveillance (I find BlueIris unnecessarily technical, fwiw), the local camera SD to PC video download works seamlessly, and the Alert mobile app still works pretty well on both Android and iOS for live viewing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk