Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Discussion in 'Hikvision' started by whoslooking, Jun 17, 2015.

Share This Page

1. alastairstevenson

alastairstevenson Known around here

2. ricky22

ricky22 n3wb

Thank you. Now is Firmware 5.2.5. Can now Firmware Update to 5.4.5? Very thank's
    Patrick

3. davehedgehog

davehedgehog n3wb

1st post.... another newbie saved from the abyss by this thread. thanks a lot.

4. jordanb

jordanb Young grasshopper

with the cameras that are below 5.25 is it possible to have 4 line crossing detection? if so which firmware would I use? thanks

5. jumji3

jumji3 n3wb

hi guy

do you had any firmware for DS-2CD3345P1-I from Chinese version to English ?

6. Shiv

Shiv n3wb

Hi!, I have DS-2CD3T20D-I5 4mm cameras with firmware V5.3.1_150401. Please suggest me if any of your earlier solution suits this cameras or how to convert them to English firmware as NVR fails to recognise these Chinese modals. ?

7. SlavikG

SlavikG n3wb

whoslooking thanks man! Your solution is 100% working!!!
    For other people out here do not repeat my mistake I had 5 Chinese and 1 USA version cameras, 2 out of 6 I destroyed with latest firmware upgrade.
    I started whoslooking method with TFTP and all 6 cameras downgraded to 4.0.4 version including my New US version :) I figured doing one by one could be a solution, finally all cameras are perfectly working right now. The point is: If you have multiple cameras disconnect working ones first before starting TFTP.

whoslooking likes this.
  8. alastairstevenson

9. Tim Veer

Tim Veer n3wb

**EDIT** The rest of the post might be interesting for those interested, but....
    Anyhow, figuring I had nothing else to lose, I opened the camera. The **bleeping** ribbon cable had come unseated! How?? No idea, but I plugged it back in and Tada works again.

So, as long as it works, the NVR sees it and I have image, I'm not messing with it!

Cheers,
    Tim

Hello all,
    Back again after a short time away. Previously I had an issue with a DS-2CD3335-I that had a bunged password. No amount of beating with a stick did anything. Anyhow, about 1 week ago I felt like torturing myself and pulled the camera off the shelf. Put in my "usual" username/password and Voila! - I'm in. Can't explain this, but after sitting on the shelf for a year I can log into it!

So, for the meat of the question. For the first couple hours I was able to see the image, etc., albeit the camera seemed to respond a little slower than the others. Yesterday I lost the image entirely - just black! I can get to the camera, do all the config, etc stuff, but the image is gone.

According to SADP it is running v5.3.3 build 150803.

Any idea's about the black image? If I fiddle with the firmware is there a chance to get the image back or does it sound knackered?

Thanks to all the helpers and volunteers making all of this possible. Vegemite all around!! (but I must say it seems to be an acquired taste. In Aus a few years back I tried it, but it just didn't take, Sorry boys, but that means more for you!!)
    Cheers

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  10. Shiv

Shiv n3wb

Hi!
    I am eagerly following this tread for a while and also posting requests for my Chinese only cameras DS-2CD3320D-I with Version 5.3.0_150327 and DS-2CDT320D-I5 with Version 5.3.1_150401 cameras.

I tried to Brickfix the cameras and after line
    Completed file C:\digicap.dav transmit....... it does't show " Device[192.0.064] system update completed! " even after 15 minutes for both EN and CH versions of digicap.dav.

Help to resolve my issue is appreciated. I am stuck with these cams and really need to get them going in English NVR.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

11. alastairstevenson

These are not R0 (DS-2CD2x32) cameras - the brickfixv2 firmware is specifically for R0 cameras.
    They may be R2 series - but I'm not sure - maybe others can comment.

Another member had some success using the 'enhanced mtd hack' method on some R2 series fisheye cameras - DS-2CD 6332 fwd (fisheye) -How to upgrade (CN to EN)
    Though there is no guarantee that your models would respond to the same method.

12. Shiv

Shiv n3wb

Hmmm.... Very disappointing new. Anyway you guys keep the good work going. I am sure someone would also find a fix to these cams as well. I shall wait and sure will keep an eye on this tread.