Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

Can i downgrade my DS 2CD2145F IS 5.3.5 150925 to 5.2.5 ? It works but only in full Chinese.

Thanks

Reaction score
This has to help somebody out... got a 2CD2032F-IW from aliexpress and did the stupid upgrade to 5.3.0 cause was having issues with the MJPEG stream. Anyway camera bricked cause the firmware isnt for it. got the downgrader and using the TFTP to flash the image but ran into the problem many of you are facing : the tftp never completes and the successful message never showed up. 24 hours later and tens of flashes and troubleshooting I stumbled across a little gem by a fellow poster who did the language change with hiktools on the digicap.dav from this thread : "hiktools lang digicap.dav 1"
Magic happened and the image flashed in about 1 minute and now I have my cam back.

so if you are not reaching the dreaded successful message from the tftp after upgrading your firmware, do this :
hiktools lang digicap.dav 1
of course you need to get the tools from here :
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2733-Hikvision-FIRMWARE-TOOLS-change-language-extract-files-and-create-own-firmware

hope i can save someone a little headache....

cheers
D

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can confirm that language hack helped me to get my camera back to life! Thank you posting the solution.

Reaction score
To restore functions removed by 5.3.0

For Versions 5.3.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: This is not for 2cdxxx0 or xxx5 models

Allows Chinese region Cameras to become English to work with your NVR without the region mis-match issue.

Tested with my own cameras.

USE THE WEB UPDATE 1ST

TFTP or Web update via the GUI

Telnet restored

Please remember this is a Ghost Firmware and does not change the region of the camera.

Your Chinese camera is still Chinese, but works like a US/EU model.

If you update to another firmware it will be Chinese!

All the normal warnings use at your own risk.

Big thanks @wzhick

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy72q4osstun72/5.30 Downgrader.rar?dl=0

Enjoy and Enjoy for Free:cool::cool:

Please post what cameras you used this on to help others

UPDATED: Now with 4 Lines Intrusion detection 02/10/15

with Thanks to @DemonicHawk for this addon

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph292l0lbitebz2/5.30 Downgrader 4lines.rar?dl=0

If your camera has a firmware sticker below 5.2.5 (not including), you don't use this one. If you read the posts you will understand.

Ok so
If your camera has a firmware sticker below 5.2.5 (not including), you don't use this one. If you read the posts you will understand. wheres should I be reading, two cameras dead, firmware on sticker says 5.2.0

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok the you best option is to use the 5.16 firmware in my signature. From there you do the mtd hack.

If yours is an original 5.20 after the mtd hack you will be able to upgrade with the latest English language firmware

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, so I have camera working again on 5.1.6 great news! thank you so much!!!

I have done the MTD Hack and just about to install the new firmware from http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/download_89.html

it says on the release notes,

Updates:
1. Password creating is required before using the camera (web browser, client software and SADP software are optional);
2. Password strength prompts(Risk,Weak, Medium, Strong) in web browser, client software and SADP software, and risk password is not permitted;
3. Telnet access is no longer available;
4. Lock the remote IP addresses for 30 minutes once login with wrong username or password after several times;
5. Default IP address has been changed to 192.168.1.64;
6. Can not be downgraded to lower firmare version;
7. For more details, please refer to our release notes.

is it actually worth doing the upgrade? is any new features, better motion etc? if it fails can I get back to a working camera again?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not really worth upgrading, but you can also ignor the bit that says about you can't downgrade as you still can" back to the 5.16 your on".

Reaction score
Well I tried it...

Got the message

[h=2]Access Error: 404 -- Not Found[/h]firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib

LOL :( ill have to reload 5.1.6 later tonight...

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like your mtd hack was not done correctly,
As that's the only thing that stops an upgrade of a 5.20 to 5.30 and above

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a camera with 5.3.0 Sticker production 02/2016 was Full european patched. I used the 4 Line Firmware like I did on older camera from september to get 4 Lines now it is chinese only with 4 Lines :-( Bad luck
Tried the downgrade 5.3.0 Firmware via TFTP full chinese no other language. Tried web flash, tried change lang flag to 0, 1 , 2 no luck. Unsuccessfull flash or successfull but with chinese.

Any Idea how to get English back?

Can I now do the MTD Hack ?? Even if camera hast 5.3.0 sticker ?

Last edited by a moderator:

bezz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi every one,
Does this method works with 2CD3Q10FD-IW camera on 5.3.0 150513 firmware ? If not does it have some think to do ?
Thanks

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a camera with 5.3.0 Sticker production 02/2016 was Full european patched. I used the 4 Line Firmware like I did on older camera from september to get 4 Lines now it is chinese only with 4 Lines :-( Bad luck
Tried the downgrade 5.3.0 Firmware via TFTP full chinese no other language. Tried web flash, tried change lang flag to 0, 1 , 2 no luck. Unsuccessfull flash or successfull but with chinese.

Any Idea how to get English back?

Can I now do the MTD Hack ?? Even if camera hast 5.3.0 sticker ?

Yes mtd hack is needed, make sure your working on 5.25 1st then your good to go.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi every one,
Does this method works with 2CD3Q10FD-IW camera on 5.3.0 150513 firmware ? If not does it have some think to do ?
Thanks
Go back to the 1st post and read it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

bezz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
ok I was not sure but is this possible in a different way because there are camera on Aliexpress already modified versions. thank.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Of course possible, but until someone shares the modified Chinese firmware not likely.

Mcouf

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased 2 cameras DS-2CD2632F-IS on eBay from China seller, labeled 5.3.0_150513, date 11/2015. The webUI said 5.2.5, so I have got the same 'stupid' idea like other users here to upgrade the first camera to the latest firmware 5.3.0_150814. After some searches on this forum I successfully unbricked it using whoislooking's Downgrader to V5.2.5 build 141201 with digicap.dav previously modified to lang 1 using hiktools05R1.exe.
Now I can access the webUI, but it is only in English. Is there any way to restore the other languages (multi-language choicelist on login screen) again? I did not found the instruction how to get it back. Thank you for any hint.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
His firmware is missing the languages. You need to put 5.2.5 multi language. I also did not find any.