Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English

ricky22

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. Now is Firmware 5.2.5. Can now Firmware Update to 5.4.5? Very thank's
Patrick

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
with the cameras that are below 5.25 is it possible to have 4 line crossing detection? if so which firmware would I use? thanks

jumji3

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guy

do you had any firmware for DS-2CD3345P1-I from Chinese version to English ?

Shiv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!, I have DS-2CD3T20D-I5 4mm cameras with firmware V5.3.1_150401. Please suggest me if any of your earlier solution suits this cameras or how to convert them to English firmware as NVR fails to recognise these Chinese modals. ?

SlavikG

n3wb
Reaction score
whoslooking thanks man! Your solution is 100% working!!!
For other people out here do not repeat my mistake I had 5 Chinese and 1 USA version cameras, 2 out of 6 I destroyed with latest firmware upgrade.
I started whoslooking method with TFTP and all 6 cameras downgraded to 4.0.4 version including my New US version :) I figured doing one by one could be a solution, finally all cameras are perfectly working right now. The point is: If you have multiple cameras disconnect working ones first before starting TFTP.

Tim Veer

n3wb
Reaction score
**EDIT** The rest of the post might be interesting for those interested, but....
Anyhow, figuring I had nothing else to lose, I opened the camera. The **bleeping** ribbon cable had come unseated! How?? No idea, but I plugged it back in and Tada works again.

So, as long as it works, the NVR sees it and I have image, I'm not messing with it!

Cheers,
Tim

Hello all,
Back again after a short time away. Previously I had an issue with a DS-2CD3335-I that had a bunged password. No amount of beating with a stick did anything. Anyhow, about 1 week ago I felt like torturing myself and pulled the camera off the shelf. Put in my "usual" username/password and Voila! - I'm in. Can't explain this, but after sitting on the shelf for a year I can log into it!

So, for the meat of the question. For the first couple hours I was able to see the image, etc., albeit the camera seemed to respond a little slower than the others. Yesterday I lost the image entirely - just black! I can get to the camera, do all the config, etc stuff, but the image is gone.

According to SADP it is running v5.3.3 build 150803.

Any idea's about the black image? If I fiddle with the firmware is there a chance to get the image back or does it sound knackered?

Thanks to all the helpers and volunteers making all of this possible. Vegemite all around!! (but I must say it seems to be an acquired taste. In Aus a few years back I tried it, but it just didn't take, Sorry boys, but that means more for you!!)
Cheers

Last edited:

Shiv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
I am eagerly following this tread for a while and also posting requests for my Chinese only cameras DS-2CD3320D-I with Version 5.3.0_150327 and DS-2CDT320D-I5 with Version 5.3.1_150401 cameras.

I tried to Brickfix the cameras and after line
Completed file C:\digicap.dav transmit....... it does't show " Device[192.0.064] system update completed! " even after 15 minutes for both EN and CH versions of digicap.dav.

Help to resolve my issue is appreciated. I am stuck with these cams and really need to get them going in English NVR.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to Brickfix the cameras
These are not R0 (DS-2CD2x32) cameras - the brickfixv2 firmware is specifically for R0 cameras.
They may be R2 series - but I'm not sure - maybe others can comment.

Another member had some success using the 'enhanced mtd hack' method on some R2 series fisheye cameras - DS-2CD 6332 fwd (fisheye) -How to upgrade (CN to EN)
Though there is no guarantee that your models would respond to the same method.

Shiv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Very disappointing new. Anyway you guys keep the good work going. I am sure someone would also find a fix to these cams as well. I shall wait and sure will keep an eye on this tread.

Reaction score
hi experts,
please advice what I should do.
I bought hikvision 2432 from aliexpress 5 months ago, but connected it only last week.
camera was made in June 2015 and had english language
there is FW 5.3.0 stated on the stacker (and was 5.2.5 in the web interface).
I downloaded and upgraded FW 5.3.0 from EU website after that my camera didn't respond to any software.
TFTP server works on my PC only through switch (I spent yesterday plenty of hours for unsuccesfull direct LAN connection).
now I can upgrade FW via TFTP.

I found 5.3.0 150513 - and it was working in chines language the only problem (except language) was impossible to change IP
after that I flashed 5.2.5 FW from the first post (4 lines version) of this topic I was waiting more 10 minutes and I didn't see the final FTPT message "... completed"
I can see the camera in SADP and can't change any parameters. camera is not accessible from brouser.

May I kindly ask you to help in recovering my hikvision 2432.
thank you

trying this version https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy72q4osstun72/5.30 Downgrader.rar?dl=0
TFTP finished work completely
and fantastic my camera survived!!
English is presented
thank you whoslooking

HI ,
Can any one help me on upgrading this camera.
I have purchased while back on Ebay seller rom china and never used ever since DS-2CD2135F-IS and now i have noticed on the box it says

Dont upgrade the device by yourself !

The camera is working and can be seen on SADP TOOL , nvr etc and the menus are in english ..

Can i upgrade this camera to UK software anyone please?

hope to hear
Regards
Emanuel

midik

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
I have tried to update my Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IF with some new firmware but i didn`t know dat it is a CN model. So the camera stops to work. I have read many of topics here and found some solutions. With the TFTP I have successfully upload a firmware that i found of the CH Hikvision site (IPC_R0_CN_STD_5.4.41_170707 )
Now the camera is working but of course with the CN language. How can i fix`t ?
The camera has a firmware sticker below:V5.3.0_150327
Should I downgrade first to V5.3 and then Downgrade 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English ? If so, where can i found the 5.3.0 firmware ?

midik

n3wb
Reaction score

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a problem with the Hikvision tftp updater not receiving any probes from the camera.
It can be a bit fussy about how it's hooked up.
But at the point in your screenshot - it doesn't matter what firmware is being tried.

Best is both camera and PC wired to a switch or router, with the camera powered off 12v external.
And maybe need to disable Windows firewall to let the probes in.
Or try another PC.
After that - the brickfixV2 will work OK.

midik

n3wb
Reaction score
That's a problem with the Hikvision tftp updater not receiving any probes from the camera.
It can be a bit fussy about how it's hooked up.
But at the point in your screenshot - it doesn't matter what firmware is being tried.

Best is both camera and PC wired to a switch or router, with the camera powered off 12v external.
And maybe need to disable Windows firewall to let the probes in.
Or try another PC.
After that - the brickfixV2 will work OK.
Ok, i found the reason. My camera was conected directly to my laptop. After using a swich its works.
I'm halfway through the process. Now after the changes by mtd6ro_mod i get some error (screen). It looks like hi cant find the file. Any idea ?

Code:
# /dav/fixup.sh
This is the brick-fix and update script which will help you to extract,
modify and replace mtdblock6 to fix the downgrade block and convert this camera to English updateable.

** It is no longer necessary to make any changes to mtdblock1 - these have been processed already **
The whole process takes 3 stages.
Stage 1 - mtdblock6 is extracted and sent via tftp to your PC for you to modify.
Stage 2 - the modified mtdblock6 is retrieved by tftp from your PC and applied to the camera.
Stage 3 - the '5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' firmware is retrieved by tftp from your PC and used to update the camera.
At this point the web GUI in English will be available and allow
you to do progressive updates from 5.2.5 to 5.3.0 to 5.4.0 to 5.4.5
In each stage, check the content of the logfile fixup_log.txt for the actions taken and the status.
Good luck!
Checking that tftp works OK ...
[ INFO][MIN]TFTP:
tftp test transfer worked OK.
[ INFO][MIN]TFTP: tftp: server error: (1) File not found

*** error transferring mtd6ro_mod via tftp from the PC. ****
Each stage of the process is carried out by a run of the /dav/fixup.sh script ...
The next stage is :
-rw-r--r--    1        58 Mar 11 09:30 /dav/fixup_stage2.txt

[ INFO][MIN]TFTP:
*** An error has occurred. Check the on-screen messages and the contents of the logfile   ***
*** fixup_log.txt that was transferred to your PC and after correcting the cause of the   ***
*** error re-run the script /dav/fixup.sh to resume.                                      ***
#

Attachments