Dahau Starlight Install

Mel Patto

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just got the camera from Andy and trying to install. I connected to a TP-Link TL-SG1008P 8 Port Gigabit Switch. Ran Config tool and got the IP address: 192.168.1.108 below, but now can't view the camera in IE. Any help would be appreciated or a point in the right direction.

PS IR Lights up in darkness

upload_2017-1-20_14-39-38.jpg

Clicked on Modify Address below

Clicked on Details below

Clicked on Web Log in below

Ran Diagnostics

I was so excited to get it set up but I can't get to the camera. Any help would be appreciated.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
192.168.1.108 is not on your subnet, manually change your computer IP to 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0 (No GW/DNS) and try again.. then first thing you need to do is configure the network settings on your camera to either be DHCP or on the same subnet as your computers and outside of the DHCP Lease range

Mel Patto

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your the best, Thanks. I got to the camera now windows or Norton does not like the Webplugin.exe, but I should be able to figure that out. Thanks again for your help.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Let us know how you like it now that the network issue, what is powering the 4 other cameras on the network?

Mel Patto

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Those are Amcrest PTZ's & Domes. That's what got me started in this crazy expensive camera world. The Amcrest hooked me now I want bigger and better.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Those are Amcrest PTZ's & Domes. That's what got me started in this crazy expensive camera world. The Amcrest hooked me now I want bigger and better.
Same here, bought my first ptz1080 amcrest for the garage, started doing the research, and here I am with some lighter pockets and awesome equipment.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your the best, Thanks. I got to the camera now windows or Norton does not like the Webplugin.exe, but I should be able to figure that out. Thanks again for your help.
For me, Norton automatically pops up a window when installed the webplugin, and gives you the option to always allow. YMMV

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
You know, I've had people tell me that for years, but I've never had a problem with it on 7 computers I oversee.
It just works, quietly, contrary to many other security packages I've tried. YMMV
I dunno, haven't used it in years. I stay off the seedy parts of the internet and mostly run not windows. I don't bother with it on my BI machine. In fact, I've only gotten a virus one time in my life (that I know of). I'm sure plenty of people will lose their crap that someone would actually run windows without an anti-virus, I don't care, it's not their computer to worry about, LOL.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No anti-virus software on a computer I've ran 24/7 for 10 years for a weather station. It's still running XP.

None will go on the BI server, I'll probably disable Windows shield or whatever their crap is called to boot.

I've tried other antivirus solutions over the years. But it always ended up causing me heartburn, because this is on family members computers. Everytime something happened or programs asked a question.....I got a phone call. :)

Or on my wifes computer, and I heard about it.

Norton=peace for me. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I've had people tell me that for years, but I've never had a problem with it on 7 computers I oversee.
It just works, quietly, contrary to many other security packages I've tried. YMMV
I have the same experience...after the 2009 revamp it has been very light..this has been substantiated by independent testing as well..most of the folks who bitch about Norton had a bad experience in 2004 and are still complaining.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I switch between Norton and Kaspersky, whichever I find the best sale on. Mostly it has been Kaspersky lately. No complaints...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I switch between Norton and Kaspersky, whichever I find the best sale on. Mostly it has been Kaspersky lately. No complaints...
When I DO use anti virus in windows, which is always to clean up someone's machine, I use malwarebytes, dunno how much it costs, but it ALWAYS cleans up stuff no other anti virus seems to find.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Norton antivirus is junk take it off your machine ,this is why Comcast gives it away for free. Their hasn't been a need for a anti virus program sense windows 7 and you really don't need it on win 10. Don't want malware on your machine it's easy, download windows updates ,don't run as a administrator account,don't download something you have no idea what it is. Download chrome and use no script. That's all you need ! So many users believe just because they have antivirus means they won't get a virus,that's not true at all that even close.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Norton antivirus is junk take it off your machine ,this is why Comcast gives it away for free. Their hasn't been a need for a anti virus program sense windows 7 and you really don't need it on win 10. Don't want malware on your machine it's easy, download windows updates ,don't run as a administrator account,don't download something you have no idea what it is. Download chrome and use no script. That's all you need ! So many users believe just because they have antivirus means they won't get a virus,that's not true at all that even close.
That is simply not the case... Norton is light weight and much more effective than defender.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is simply not the case... Norton is light weight and much more effective than defender.
Totally disagree, no need for any anti virus with win 7 or 10 and if you install it on a users computer most likely they believe their bulletproof .

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, windows has their own built in anti virus, and honestly, I've seen people STILL get virus's no matter what they run LOL even in companies I have worked for, I've never seen anyone run malwarebytes paid version but it's probably the best out there I would guess from my experience cleaning up virus's after all of the others failed to protect people. Made me some good side money though. I haven't installed anti virus in windows in years, I leave the built in windows defender run but it NEVER finds ANYTHING so it's probably useless. I just surf smart, run chrome and only use IE when I absolutely have to, run ublock origin, stuff like that, no problems, there isn't a software in the world that will protect stupid people from themselves lol.