Dahau Starlight Install

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Correction, if you can get them to run linux or a mac they will be fairly well protected from themselves lol. which is the other reason I don't fool with AV, I run linux most of the time.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correction, if you can get them to run linux or a mac they will be fairly well protected from themselves lol. which is the other reason I don't fool with AV, I run linux most of the time.
Agree 100%

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The independent lab tests show otherwise... Users are incompetent either way...No need to make it easier for them...
AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute
AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute
These test don't matter, the point is most viruses these days are "zero day viruses" and the user should be educated on what to do and what not to do . Again no reason to install a antivirus that just takes up CPU and memory. It's a complete waste of resources and it doesn't matter if it takes a little bit of resources or alot it's a waste. This would be like installing a new camera in BI and pointing it at the wall.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
These test don't matter, the point is most viruses these days are "zero day viruses" and the user should be educated on what to do and what not to do . Again no reason to install a antivirus that just takes up CPU and memory. It's a complete waste of resources and it doesn't matter if it takes a little bit of resources or alot it's a waste. This would be like installing a new camera in BI and pointing it at the wall.
Did you read the charts... Norton provides 100 percent protection over zero day attacked...costs me 6 dollars per pc...The CPU use is undetectable....You obviously never managed a group of user's...You can scream until your face is blue...Won't help... Furthermore any website can be subject to attack even the blue iris update website...So not having protection is stupid... Recommending folks not using antivirus is dangerous and foolish...If folks would be protected we would all have less problems...

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
If a computer is on the net it should have virus protection if you don't want to get a virus. If you want a virus or don't care then don't install protection. If you REALLY don't want a virus then also stay off bit torrent sites and don't open email attachments.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have windows 10 pc that is dedicated only for bi and nothing else, I have a laptop for everything else. I was thinking that windows defender was enough now you guys got me worried if its enough.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Windows 10 has built in antivirus no need or any else...

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Windows had shitty built-in virus protection. Good enough for preventing vast outbreaks of old virii because some people are too cheap/lazy/whatever to install up to date protection. Defender performs poorly in virus protection tests.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess i'll have to get norton, it's a small price to pay and not have to worry about it.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you read the charts... Norton provides 100 percent protection over zero day attacked...costs me 6 dollars per pc...The CPU use is undetectable....You obviously never managed a group of user's...You can scream until your face is blue...Won't help... Furthermore any website can be subject to attack even the blue iris update website...So not having protection is stupid... Recommending folks not using antivirus is dangerous and foolish...If folks would be protected we would all have less problems...
Sorry, gotta go against you, if more people stopped using windows we'd all have less problems lol!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I have windows 10 pc that is dedicated only for bi and nothing else, I have a laptop for everything else. I was thinking that windows defender was enough now you guys got me worried if its enough.
There is no anti virus that will 100% protect you, I will bet my next million paychecks on that, I've cleaned virus's from so many computers that already had anti virus it's not even funny, the biggest reason computers get infected is end users.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you should really learn how to use the multi-quote function on the new forums @hmjgriffon, just hit the +Quote

unless your just trying to inflate your post count, then tha'll work against yeh :p

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
you should really learn how to use the multi-quote function on the new forums @hmjgriffon, just hit the +Quote

unless your just trying to inflate your post count, then tha'll work against yeh :p
I will try to do that the next time I want to reply to more than one thing LOL, I was also just going down the line, got a bad habit of doing my own MST3K LOL.