Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My bad, just re-read the specs and makes more sense now...I first thought 290 had WDR while 291 did not..After re-reading, it was talking about DOL-WDR specifically, not multi-exposure WDR which is available on both sensors.

Any idea what chipset/image processor is used? I'm thinking it may be one of the Hisilicon models.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
shrug, the've removed telnet access to lower security attack surfaces and I've not bothered to try to get back in via serial

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive seen evidence of ambarella and hisilicon in use on various cameras, depends.

Why does it matter to you?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Partially because I'm a physics nerd and like knowing all about the guts of electronics...I like building my own computers so I'll know exactly every little chip and piece of shit that goes into it....I don't know how to build a PTZ from scratch, so I have to rely on others to do it, yet I'm still curious as to exactly what hardware they contain.

Second reason is because I can count on one hand the number of examples from this cam..Enough to know it's a good cam for security purposes, but when you're looking to use it for nature, other things like color balance, noise reduction, dynamic range, etc. become increasingly important. Knowing the sensor and chip, I can likely find a bunch of examples of generics online that would give a relatively comparable idea of some of these things and help me narrow down the chances of this being a good match for my project.

Really wanted to be sure before ordering and avoid the hassle of reselling if it wasn't a match....but guess it's my only choice.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Its the exact same DSP as all the other Dahua 1/2.8" IMX291 Starlights, Fixed or PTZ.. Ive posted lots of sample videos and a big discussion going on here: Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

You must have some mutation going on because I have more than 5 videos on my YouTube channel from these cameras, others have posted many too throughout the various discussions going on.

These are excellent cameras with fantastic quality for such an incredible price; If your not happy with this camera I dont think you'll be happy with anything..

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
my 2nd one got to LOS ANGELES last night should get it maybe today or tomorrow depending on floods around here

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the SD49225T-HN support a SD CARD I did not see it in the specs. If this camera does support a SD Card anyone know what the largest SD card that can be used with the camera ?

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok thats weird i thought i read the whole thing on the camera and never saw that

im gonna have to crack mine open now this changes things

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I probably had the blinders on . Once I read NAS I started thinking external network attached. This will be put in my memory bank and I wont confuse it next time. Appreciate the info and the ass kicking for over looking it ...LOL

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy is the man, I also ordered mine on Sat. and I installed it on this record high 70 degree day in Iowa. Snowstorm is coming Friday so not much time for any bench testing, but all seems to work fine. This is my 3rd PTZ cam to be in this location over the years, they just keep getting better and cheaper :) I made a mounting bracket to fit my lap siding and to allow a nice flat surface for the gasket to seal. I like to use bolts so I can assemble the unit in one pc. and slap it up and one nut you are good to go. I ordered mine directly on AliExpress and had no issues except to allow the purchase through my credit card. What a luxury to have a trusting seller overseas !!
IMG_3543.JPG IMG_3544.JPG IMG_3545.JPG

BTW the dimensions on this spec sheet are right on.

Attachments

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy is the man, I also ordered mine on Sat. and I installed it on this record high 70 degree day in Iowa. Snowstorm is coming Friday so not much time for any bench testing, but all seems to work fine. This is my 3rd PTZ cam to be in this location over the years, they just keep getting better and cheaper :) I made a mounting bracket to fit my lap siding and to allow a nice flat surface for the gasket to seal. I like to use bolts so I can assemble the unit in one pc. and slap it up and one nut you are good to go. I ordered mine directly on AliExpress and had no issues except to allow the purchase through my credit card. What a luxury to have a trusting seller overseas !!
View attachment 15429 View attachment 15430 View attachment 15431

looks like the roof might block a lot of the view.

Reaction score
View attachment 15429 View attachment 15430 View attachment 15431

I would love to find a mounting system like yours. Too bad no one I know of, actually mass produces something like this.

Is that a Davis Vantage Vue? Love Davis products. I'm running the Vantage Pro 2 for the last 8 years with zero problems. Dead reliable gear.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I would love to find a mounting system like yours. Too bad no one I know of, actually mass produces something like this.

Is that a Davis Vantage Vue? Love Davis products. I'm running the Vantage Pro 2 for the last 8 years with zero problems. Dead reliable gear.
Something like this? Amazon.com: Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station: Davis Instruments: Sports & Outdoors I'm intrigued by having something like that to feed my automation system, data.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.