Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
can SD49225T-HN be powered from nvr 5216 looking to order one to try it out :)
It would appear so, the specs list the 16 ports as being 802.3af/at and the PTZ will require 802.3at.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes on specification of NVR5216-16P-4KS2 say PoE 16 ports (IEEE802.3af/at) ,..so i assume its all good to run SD49225T-HN from nvr ..

russedgar

n3wb
Reaction score
yes on specification of NVR5216-16P-4KS2 say PoE 16 ports (IEEE802.3af/at) ,..so i assume its all good to run SD49225T-HN from nvr ..
This is not a reply to mmdb. Has anyone installed a microphone with this camera? Our camera is working wonderfully but my wife thinks a microphone would be a great touch.

Microphones are new to me. So advice would be great.

Best regards,

Russ

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
of course I got the one that was twice as much but who knows if it's worth it.

Amazon.com : BOSCH SECURITY VIDEO ISC-BDL2-WP12G TriTech Motion Detector : Camera & Photo

haven't played around with it yet, but soon, it's gotta be better than the stupid software motion detection though. True they are not made for outside but as long as they don't get wet they should be fine, I doubt the expensive ones are insulated against the cold. Guess for $15 you can put one outside and see how it goes. I feel like sometimes they jack the prices way up on stuff just because they slap outdoor rated on the box, you can always do things to protect it from the elements yourself.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok you got my attention. Any how to manuals ?
domoticz which is what I use has a wiki and a forum, it's very powerful but you HAVE to learn some scripting. I believe you can do simple sending of http commands when things are triggered with most automation systems though, but i've never used any other one, this is my first and of course I decided to roll my own haha.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@hmjgriffon Yeah, I need at least something to try out and get operational. $15 each was reasonable to get something here to wire up. The reviews were favorable.

Your model has the tri-tech detector.

SD

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
of course I got the one that was twice as much but who knows if it's worth it.
Standard PIR vs TriTech (PIR + Microwave) for what it's worth. Supposedly the TriTech has more immunity to false alarms. I have a few of the TriTech's in my alarm system - works well and no complaints.

Attachments

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, got at least a temporary mount outside on a post. Overall I'm fairly impressed. A few nit-picky imperfections, but nothing major enough to make it not worth the money....Based on a 24 hour initial outdoor test, here's the good, the bad and the mother-in-law..I mean..ugly...o_O

Daytime review:

1. Image is very clear and reasonably sharp.

2. Little use for brightness/contrast controls. Seems default it pretty much on target.

3. Pan/tilt motion is very fast. Zoom is reasonably fast.

4. Auto focus is quick enough. Not the fastest I've ever seen and jumps around a little too much while adjusting to a new position. Once it figures it out, the result is typically very good.

6. Auto-exposure is good. I'm using about 65 on the exposure compensation.

7. Can bump the saturation up to 65 to 75 range for more vibrant color without too much color bleeding.

8. White balance seems to do a fair job on most scenes. Shots with a lot of sky in them tend to cause the white balance to go too heavy on the red channels making my grass and trees look dark brown, when it's actually green and beige. Worth mentioning, the Huisun mini ptz had a tendency to do the same thing. The Hikvision 3mp keeps colors more accurate in this situation.

Night Review:

9. Night image on manual 1 second shutter and fully open iris looks amazing! Obviously motion blur is too extreme for security usage at this setting, but works great for weather.

10. In auto exposure, it does not seem to want to take advantage of the slow shutter ability. It likes to keep the shutter speed faster and thus the image is rather noisy and unusably dark given my environment here of limited ambient light. I can't seem to find a way to make it accept the slowest shutter ranges in auto mode, so I have to either resort to shutter priority or manual shutter in order to set it down to 1 second and get a usable, color image for weather monitoring. Having separate day and night profiles helps so I can keep the day on auto exposure and night on shutter priority/manual.

11. Manual white balance seems to work a bit better than auto white balance at night as what little ambient lighting I do have is stable in shade and intensity (unlike sunlight which changes shade and intensity throughout the day). I'll probably leave the day profile to ATW (as it seems to be best during the day) and manual at night.

12. Focus is a bit of a struggle at times at night. Even manually adjusting the focus can be difficult to get a sharp focus on the entire scene. I suspect it may be the wide open aperture as that can limit depth of focus. Will take a bit more testing.

13. Still haven't decided on doing an upside down permanent mount. I tried it upside down and seems to work well and no obvious sign of stress on the motors. When unplugged, it's just as easy to pan/tilt with my hand in the upside down position, so it doesn't seem like the motors have excess weight to move in this position...However, water in this position is still a concern. Where the white and black meet, there's enough room between the layers that I can slide a piece of paper pretty deep inside the white part of the dome. Water could certainly drain down there and I don't see any easy way of looking in there to check out how well things are sealed inside the white part. Having water drain into that part may or may not be problematic, but I'm a little too nervous to chance it.

Tried to upload some pics, but the forum isn't letting me do it...Keep getting "The following error occurred There was a problem uploading your file."

Also of note, I exported a backup copy of my current settings and then opened that file with notepad. What an overwhelming list of parameters! Interestingly, there's a lot of parameters and values listed in this file that are not present in the actual user interface. Wonder if there's any of this is hidden features that could be manually adjusted in this text file or if the cam would just ignore these parameters even if they were set....

Also interested in finding any hidden directories that may be accessible within the cam (such as where the day and night profile settings are stored) and if there's any possibility to adjust image settings with perl scripts. Just something to play around with.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well here's a question for ya. I must be overlooking something. Why is my recorded video playing back in a high speed timelapse? I just recorded 5 minutes worth of video but I play it back and it speeds through the whole thing in 10 seconds. There must be a setting somewhere to record and play back in normal speed!

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm considering this camera but honestly I'm having trouble understanding what I can & cannot do with respect to IVS and moving to presets (vs. auto-tracking in cameras that support that). I am reading everything I can in this forum and I've pulled down the Dahua Web 3.0 operation manual but I'm still not completely clear on a few things, mostly because of the manual. I had assumed that when a camera like this one, SD49225T-HN, has IVS but not auto-tracking, that an IVS event/rule could PTZ the camera to another present. However when looking in the manual, it's not clear that IVS can trigger a PTZ preset. At a minimum the IVS setup screen doesn't appear to have the same PTZ setting that the "Event" -> "Video Detection" section describes. I suspect that if I just bite the bullet and order one of these that I'll figure it out, but would someone please help me understand if IVS (e.g. Tripwire) can be used to PTZ to a preset when a camera model does not have auto/object tracking? Thanks in advance.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well here's a question for ya. I must be overlooking something. Why is my recorded video playing back in a high speed timelapse? I just recorded 5 minutes worth of video but I play it back and it speeds through the whole thing in 10 seconds. There must be a setting somewhere to record and play back in normal speed!
Wait, I think see what's going on. Video setting is on 25 fps yet the shutter speed was on 1 second...So I'm assuming the video was encoded to read 25 frames each second yet it only was receiving one frame each second, thus each second of video was 25 seconds of actual recording time? Kind of odd if that's what's actually going on, because I would have expected it to record the same "still frame" 25 times each second and play at regular speed.

I just tried another clip with the shutter at 1/25 and frame rate of 25fps and it recorded normally.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Were you able to make a night video?

Would love to see it in the low light.
Night test! Nothing fancy, just the factory settings. I used the iDMSS app to control the camera and record to file. I then transferded it to my iphone video libary and then uploaded it to you tube. Let me lnow how it looks on your end.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. That IR coverage is pretty amazing especially when zoomed in across the street.