Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah same here they say 12-20" of snow for me. It's been so cold here I haven't been able to mount my system yet. I still gotta lay conduit and run cat6.
I am interested in seeing how well the little heater inside keeps the cam warm and if the snow melts of it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i dont think these have heaters in em, they might have a place for a heater to be installed.. my 12x PTZ has a connection for a heating element but nothing was plugged into it.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I shoulda looked harder when I opened it up to reset it LOL oh well, it never gets very cold in florida so I don't really care.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i dont think these have heaters in em, they might have a place for a heater to be installed.. my 12x PTZ has a connection for a heating element but nothing was plugged into it.
When I opened it up to put a SD card inside I had seen one. under the fan area there is a round film type disc with a wire in it. The film is a dark yellow is color. It sure looked like a small heater pad to me and being next to the fan makes sense. The fan could be dual purpose : help to cool the cam and circulate heat from the element to defog the lens.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm this camera tilts above the horizon? I thought I found a spec(-15) on it but I'd have to be sure it was this model I was looking at. Glad to get back over here to get good, experienced help enjoying my golden years.
According to the positioning coordinates displayed on the screen, it goes -20 degrees above the horizon....Although it's a widescreen format in which there isn't a whole lot of vertical length to the picture and the lens at max zoom out is only 4.8mm, so it wouldn't give you as much "upward view" as the same -20 tilt in a camera with a more square aspect ratio or smaller mm zoom length....but seems like this is more than enough to meet your requirements.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Another issue. I seem to be unable to get the shutter speed down to 1 second. Motion blur didn't seem as intense as past 1 second shutter cams I've used, so I did a little testing and I see that I'm getting 3 frames per second (1 second shutter would only allow 1 frame per second, thus I'm on a 1/3 shutter speed)...Switching back and forth between 1 second, 1/2 and 1/3 also shows no change in exposure or frame rate...It isn't until I go to 1/4 that the image actually changes (becoming darker)...So obviously, the 1/2 and 1 second options are still only giving me 1/3...Has anyone else been able to confirm this? Any idea what's going on or how to fix this? Some of the darker parts of the yard could actually use shutter down to 1 second to prevent noise.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is redundancy the only benefit of recording to the SD card and the NVR?
Yes IMO. If a hard drive fails I got back up. If the NVR has a hiccup and did not record to the HDD it will pull in the missing data from the SD card.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From what i've read here if something happens to the nvr you sd still records

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From other post I've read I'm confused are you able to pull the SD card video from the WebUI or do u have to physically remove the card to get the video.

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It looks like the Ali store is sold out of these. Any word on when there may be more?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can order one right from Andy. If he doesn't have it, it takes him about 3 days to get it from Dahua and ship it. He did that for the newest auto-tracking version, SD59225U-HNI for me. Very quick indeed.

The firmware issue is going to slow down this process. We are all awaiting his and Dahua's response.

SD

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That auto tracking looks nice. I was looking at one of those before stumbling across this one.