Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you wont be concerned with this; they are all faster than the recording.. but dont buy cheap shit because writing 24/7/365 to SD bottom of the barrel flash will just kill it..

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 2 of the bullet Starlights on order. Hmm. Thinking of switching from 2 cams to one of these if it's OK with Andy. Would you? It would easily zoom to any places I'd need to look.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BLIZZARD Coming tomorrow to my neck of the woods! Can't wait to see how the PTZ performs in those weather conditions. I am going to try to take a few vids during the storm tomorrow and post them.
How the camera hold out in the BLIZZARD?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd love to have the PTZ. I'd be willing to wait for it. Watching the videos it looks like it would really be versatile with what we are doing with the property. Giving us the ability to cover a larger area when needed. Will have to read up more on how much it pans, etc. To really see what coverage I would have.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want the 30x, I'm addicted to zooooom.
I had the magnification addiction in rifle scopes. I have a custom built 260 Remington that I put a 5-20x50 Vortex Razor HD on. Beautiful scope, beautiful glass, heavy! To much for picking up deer in the woods. So I went on a weight reduction kick and magnification reduction on my woods guns. I can see how the addiction on these would be insane.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you program the camera to look a certain direction if another camera picks up motion?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how would the camera see motion in another direction? If you want the camera to turn arround and look at stuff you can wire up motion sensors much like I did here:

If you want intelligent features, like autotracking you'll need to buy the bigger pro one.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wrote Andy begging for the switch to the ptz. I hope he can accommodate me with it.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wrote Andy begging for the switch to the ptz. I hope he can accommodate me with it.
He's very accommodating. He let me switch my order. I originally wanted (& ordered) the SD52C225U-HNI, but needed the onboard IR of the SD59. He switched out the invoice, I paid the difference and it arrived two days later.

If he didn't ship it yet, I can't see him denying you the better camera. I assume it helps his bottom line as well.

SD