Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
heres the daytime pirctures to compare from hik and dahua cameras

dahua
Turret 4mp
dahua1-Turret-4mp.jpg
dahua Turret 4mp

dahua-Turret-4mp.jpg
and the famous hik-3mp bullet set to 2mp that a lot of people have some water hit the lens

hik-3mp.jpg

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Boy you went all out for christmas, I like you, I don't really care for those cookie cutter sub divisions though with the butthole HOA's and houses 10' or less apart. :)
i dont have hoa thank god

yeah it takes a little time it dances to music :)

you can sit in car tune radio to the station i have it set to and sit back and watch

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
i dont have hoa thank god

yeah it takes a little time it dances to music :)

you can sit in car tune radio to the station i have it set to and sit back and watch
BTW, my SD59225U-HNI should be here this coming Wednesday if I'm lucky, I just had to have auto-tracking to play with and if I ever mount it to a pole electronic image stabilization will be nice, also I got a little bit of a discount because Andy is the man. :)

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
was thinking of getting the SD59225U-HNI or the 30x version to replace the axis ptz i have
not to sure yet would be nice to compare

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what kinda distances can you see? you can use the measure tool on google maps.. 100mm is going to be more than enough for me, 60mm is about all I have use for.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
was thinking of getting the SD59225U-HNI or the 30x version to replace the axis ptz i have
not to sure yet would be nice to compare
Given that the only difference between that and the one I got is 5x more zoom I don't feel it's worth 650, but I'm not counting your money. :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
zoom means didditly squat, its 100mm vs 135mm and thats quite noticeable if your trying to see distance.. but were talking like 500ft or more.. iirc 100mm is good to 300ft for ID on 1080p, 135mm is good to about 400ft

the 30x has a wider FOV zoomed out

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
im on a T street the axis is almost at the T which can also see the front door if needed

two streets is about 600 feet
the other is 1200 feet depending of tree's the trees have gotten a lot bigger when we first moved in i was able to use the axis and see that far now its a lot harder

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
zoom means didditly squat, its 100mm vs 135mm and thats quite noticeable if your trying to see distance.. but were talking like 500ft or more.. iirc 100mm is good to 300ft for ID on 1080p, 135mm is good to about 400ft

the 30x has a wider FOV zoomed out
true, I guess you have to decide if that is worth another $150 or so bucks..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont have any lines of sight that far, 300ft away is quite gracious and only this time of year when most trees and landscaping are sparse; come summer my 12x 60mm PTZ cant really see that far.. and if I put one up front all the roads curve away within that distance, nothing is a straight line in my neighborhood.. Ive been pretty happy with 12mm mini PTZ but a lil more zoom is always nice since i man my PTZ's alot.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont have any lines of sight that far, 300ft away is quite gracious and only this time of year when most trees and landscaping are sparse; come summer my 12x 60mm PTZ cant really see that far.. and if I put one up front all the roads curve away within that distance, nothing is a straight line in my neighborhood.. Ive been pretty happy with 12mm mini PTZ but a lil more zoom is always nice since i man my PTZ's alot.
Right on, I was just on google maps checking out how far 300ft actually is in relation to the neighborhood and I'd be able to identify people all the way to the end of my street on both ends, and the one end ends at a T where I'll be able to see probably another block if someone turns left away from me, so yeah, all of my lines of sight will be covered, and I'd say 100mm should be good in a lot of neighborhoods, well far enough away to be out of home security need and into people watching/spying mode lol.