Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Your images look really good! I don't know why mine won't look like that.

Also, unless those houses are kind of distant, then yours seems to have a much wider field of view than mine. Even on the widest zoom out, trees in the yard and such look unnaturally close/magnified.
The intersection in pic is about 225 feet from cam and it is zoomed out completely. The picture isn't as sharp as it can be due to a very windy day and those trees were really moving. It was just a good combination of spring colors....I'm kind of a sky picture nut :)

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The intersection in pic is about 225 feet from cam and it is zoomed out completely. The picture isn't as sharp as it can be due to a very windy day and those trees were really moving. It was just a good combination of spring colors....I'm kind of a sky picture nut :)
Were you tilted up all the way? If not, have you tried tilting it all the way up to get as much sky as possible and still maintained accurate color?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Were you tilted up all the way? If not, have you tried tilting it all the way up to get as much sky as possible and still maintained accurate color?
here is full tilt up facing west ...sun just coming up.

Attachments

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
No, I had you going for awhile didn't I :) If I leave mine in "auto" and point to sky my green leaves turn to fall colors. I use this for a day profile and it's not perfect but better than auto mode. The sensor seems to struggle with blue sky and green foliage....if I aim in down and take a lot of sky out then the green becomes true again. I like you have tried many of the preset settings and "sodium lamp" is about the only one that will make sky true color, BUT not good for ground scenes. I not a camera expert, but maybe this could be corrected with firmware. Overall I am very happy with cam and for most scenes it looks great. The night view definitely makes this camera stand out for me.
wb.JPG

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh man, you had me freaking out for a while! lol. I'm gonna have to pay you back for that somehow! I feel a little better knowing that it's not just my unit.

Not sure what part of the world you're in, but I'm in the southeast U.S. where it's a mostly tropical environment and we start hitting spring by February. Sounds like you're at a higher latitude if you're just getting into the spring colors..For my area in the winter/early spring when before the leaves came out (and when they first started coming out) I used a day profile of Red: 26, Blue: 30 (only one value different on each than your using)...The past couple weeks now that it's almost summer-like here, lots of green, hazy skies and frequent puffy clouds, that setting has started looking a little too florescent and I've had to bump up the red a few notches and the blue down a few notches to maintain the same look I had earlier. Depending on your location, you may need to do the same at some point in the weeks ahead as you get into a more summer environment; especially if you have hazy, tropical summers with stagnant air (Subtropical high pressure ridge that we call the "bermuda high" around here, or the "death ridge" as they call it in the southern plains of the U.S.) It definitely alters sky and sunlight color, which in turn alters the color temp for any object receiving sunlight and thus requires a different white balance setting to compensate. I also keep the WDR on 10.

I usually flip white balance to "auto" when I'm looking at something on the ground or when I'm watching the sunrise/sunset and then back to "manual" when I'm looking skyward....Unless it's a cloudy day, then I keep it on auto even looking skyward....Not to mention the different night settings I use depending on moon phase....lol...Confusing and lots of work, but like you, there's enough positives about this cam to offset the negatives to make it worth hanging on to...Hopefully a future firmware will fix some of the errors or either another low-light cam eventually comes along offering everything this has plus more.

nashvegas

n3wb
Reaction score
Need some help on POE+ with this camera. I have a HP Procurve 2910AL-24G POE+ network switch I'm trying to run it on. I'm getting over current counts on the ports I try and connect it to and the camera keeps rebooting over and over again. How many watts does this thing need? Or is something wrong with my camera for POE+?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Need some help on POE+ with this camera. I have a HP Procurve 2910AL-24G POE+ network switch I'm trying to run it on. I'm getting over current counts on the ports I try and connect it to and the camera keeps rebooting over and over again. How many watts does this thing need? Or is something wrong with my camera for POE+?
SD49225T-HN | Dahua Technology

nashvegas

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Says 13watts and 20 watts with IR on. Is something wrong with my camera? It keeps logging over current metrics and rebooting. My POE+ switch can deliver up to 33 watts

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. Says 13watts and 20 watts with IR on. Is something wrong with my camera? It keeps logging over current metrics and rebooting. My POE+ switch can deliver up to 33 watts
Positive the cable you are using is good? Try a different pre-made cable?

nashvegas

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured it out. Had nothing to do with the camera or the cable. Evidently the HP switches come POE on by default, but not POE+. Had to manually configure the port for POE+ settings, works like a charm now. Carry on... :) Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
If anyone has the means to get a measurement of the inside diameter and outside diameter of the nose end of the wall mount for this camera it would be immensely appreciated. Also the length of the entire male part of the top of the camera itself- the part that inserts into the mount. The dahua spec sheet doesn't show it and what they do show is in metric and beyond what I understand, lol. I'm trying to get a real idea if this camera will fit into the mount I have for my current ptz. From what I can tell, it looks very close to maybe working out but I need real measurements. Thanks to anyone in advance.
Bump.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I currently have 1 of my 2 cameras down for bench testing. Here are my measurements:
Inside diameter of the nose end of the wall mount is 1 7/8 inches.
Outside diameter of the nose end of the wall mount is 2 5/16 inches.
Length of the metal portion of the male part of the camera is 1 inch (does not include the plastic cable attached to the top of the camera).

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I currently have 1 of my 2 cameras down for bench testing. Here are my measurements:
Inside diameter of the nose end of the wall mount is 1 7/8 inches.
Outside diameter of the nose end of the wall mount is 2 5/16 inches.
Length of the metal portion of the male part of the camera is 1 inch (does not include the plastic cable attached to the top of the camera).
Thanks so much! I really appreciate that! Might you get a combined measurement of the metal and plastic cable part on top of the camera? I'm trying to figure out if that entire assembly will fit into the nose of my mount depth-wise as well. What you have provided is very much appreciated. Thank you very much for doing that. It's not like this can be a near miss and just return the camera to best buy, lol. You're helping a ton.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I really appreciate that! Might you get a combined measurement of the metal and plastic cable part on top of the camera? I'm trying to figure out if that entire assembly will fit into the nose of my mount depth-wise as well. What you have provided is very much appreciated. Thank you very much for doing that. It's not like this can be a near miss and just return the camera to best buy, lol. You're helping a ton.
The plastic cable sticking out the top of the camera consists of hard plastic cap that adds another 1 inch to the top of the camera. In addition, the thick cable will add another 1/2 to 3/4 inch depending on how severe you bend the cable inside the mount.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
The plastic cable sticking out the top of the camera consists of hard plastic cap that adds another 1 inch to the top of the camera. In addition, the thick cable will add another 1/2 to 3/4 inch depending on how severe you bend the cable inside the mount.
Thanks to you providing these measurements I can confirm my current bracket is a bit too small. I knew it would be close, but no cigar. Oh well. I guess I'll keep my current analog ptz in place and work it into my ip setup. Interesting that I can manually add my Dvr ptz channel to my nvr. I can even have an nvr channel motion detection trip off the ptz channel, which is pretty slick. I didn't expect that to be possible. But I think I'll keep the Dvr in line with the nvr and just keep a couple of analog cameras in line, including the ptz.

Thanks again for those measurements.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys...playing around with the cam in SmartPSS....I have a 128GB microsd I put in, but it's not registering for some reason...any ideas?
attached screenshotptz cam sd not showing.PNG

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys...playing around with the cam in SmartPSS....I have a 128GB microsd I put in, but it's not registering for some reason...any ideas?
attached screenshotView attachment 18348
Just curious.model and brand of mictosd? Did u format the card in settings and was the card fully inserted?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious.model and brand of mictosd? Did u format the card in settings and was the card fully inserted?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
Microsd card is Samsung 128gb. U3 Evo Select.
.. I tried formatting in the software. Maybe I should have tried formatting on a pc first?