Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try the web interface to format.
Looks like that did the trick! Thanks!....

another note: anyone get H.265 working??....sounds like it'd be great for reduced storage and bandwidth...but when I enable it, don't get any live view picture.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's the current firmware available for this and safe to upgrade with?...any more info about H.265 usability with this camera?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like that did the trick! Thanks!....

another note: anyone get H.265 working??....sounds like it'd be great for reduced storage and bandwidth...but when I enable it, don't get any live view picture.
Yes it works fine using BlueIris 4.5.6.2

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What's the current firmware available for this and safe to upgrade with?...any more info about H.265 usability with this camera?
i upgraded only the PTZ firmware

PTZ Version3.02.20.RHNZ

if nothing is wrong with your camera i wouldnt upgrade

"dont fix what not broken"

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally got my camera installed on my mount and the cable strung through my attic. I fired this camera up awhile back to test it out and it worked well. Now however I'm trying to login and admin:admin isn't working. I don't recall changing the password for it, is it posisble there's a different default password? Does it force a password change on login? Aaaand - how do I reset it if I must? Bearing in mind it's 20ft in the air now lol. Feeling stupid here :-O

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nevermind, I got it.... I found out there was an exploit for Dahua cameras that I was sure I hadn't patched. Ran it and while it didn't allow me to switch the password it did show me the MD5 hash.... John the Ripper using a password file of every password I thought it might be cracked the hash in under a second. Yeesh, got into it finally but that exploit is kinda' nasty lol

Oh geez, not there yet - cracked the wrong camera! Duh!

Okay, got it now. BlueIris just freaked the camera out when I tried to zoom it too far and it's now spinning in circles. Up to the attic I go to reboot it....

Last edited:

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these Dahua PTZ's when I noticed this from the sellers site "the products we have in stock are all without DAHUA logo".

Why wouldn't a Dahua camera have a Dahua logo on it?

PS. Hey BLKMGK - I'm using BI also, are there other issues running this cam in BI?

Thanks -

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whats the difference between camera with or without logo ?? :facepalm::facepalm:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these Dahua PTZ's when I noticed this from the sellers site "the products we have in stock are all without DAHUA logo".

Why wouldn't a Dahua camera have a Dahua logo on it?

PS. Hey BLKMGK - I'm using BI also, are there other issues running this cam in BI?

Thanks -
Because it's not a Dahua branded camera. It's a generic OEM cam. Dahua is a brand name that slaps their logo on it and sells it. You can upload Dahua firmware to it as it's the exact same firmware (just a different logo)...

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i finnaly instal this ptz 49xxand im really happy with camera ..1 question how do i make ptz activation to turn where is motion set on stacionary camera ,ive tried all day :banghead:from video on dahua wiki site and follow instructions but cant make it work

ps fouund my mistake i already made5 preset positions on smart pss and forgt about them

Last edited:

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because it's not a Dahua branded camera. It's a generic OEM cam. Dahua is a brand name that slaps their logo on it and sells it. You can upload Dahua firmware to it as it's the exact same firmware (just a different logo)...
Thanks for your knowledgeable reply wxman, that helps a lot. As we can find searching the forum, sometimes a re-branded camera is nothing like the OEM so your advice puts to rest my concern.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK guys...the Zyxel POE+ switch I got turned out to be junk...loose connectors...and some ports simply not working....I was wondering why there was constantly no connection, and then I just tapped a cable and the LINK light came on...So, any recommendations now on 8-16 port POE+ MANAGED switch that is working for you all?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! Looks good....also, just came across this one:
Amazon.com: TP-LINK T1500G-10MPS JetStream 8-Port Gigabit Smart PoE+ Switch with 2 SFP Slots 116W: Electronics

Between the Buffalo and this TP-Link any one look better than the other? Looks like the TP-Link is newer...first avail. on Amazon March 2017

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think in the US you don't care a lot about power consumption, eh? So you might look for a used Cisco PoE switch on eBay. You'll get good ones for less than 100$. Maybe <50$, depending on your needs.

nashvegas

n3wb
Reaction score
Also check out the HP Procurve 2910al on ebay, I think I paid $150 for mine and it was in good condition. It runs my 4922 with no issues.

24 GIG ports of POE+, I think the wattage maxes out around 500 on the switch. I have 11 other POE cameras running on it with no problems.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, same with the Cisco. I think it was about 490 watts in max. With 370 watts PoE budget for either 24 or 48 ports. And for cameras 10/100 is enough as long as you have a gig uplink.