Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you test these for the voltage range and power consumption? I saw there was voltage measurable at the camera voltage input when powered through PoE. Maybe one could grep the voltage from the PoE powered cam, because the power need of the mic is very low. Actually I don't know what I've measured. I assume it was about 9.xx volts.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you test these for the voltage range and power consumption? I saw there was voltage measurable at the camera voltage input when powered through PoE. Maybe one could grep the voltage from the PoE powered cam, because the power need of the mic is very low. Actually I don't know what I've measured. I assume it was about 9.xx volts.
I'm sorry @Crazykiller, I have never installed or tested the above mic. Only the $20 Microseven mics. They have an input voltage range of 8-20V DC. Not sure what's available from the pass thru?

SD

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would be interesting if the Microseven would work with the voltage which is available at the power connector from the cam while powered through PoE. And of course if the cam is still stable when sucking some current from the cam
Maybe I'll try this with a cheap Chinese domestic model first. But at first I'll need to get a mic. Seems the microseven would be hard to get in the EU.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Although that's the 12x version, the SD49225 has the same inputs/outputs. You have to add an external mic to it, which can be beneficial anyway as they are extremely sensitive, and not really pricy.

Two recommended mics are:

This outdoor waterproof mic from Amazon is solid. I have installed 5 so far on 4 - PTZ's and an HDBW5231.
Amazon.com : Microseven M7WP-MIC waterproof outdoor Microphone for M7B57-WPS / M7B77-W / M7D77-POE Or Any IP Network Surveillance Camera & PTZ IP Camera with Audio Interface - An IP camera external microphone : Camera & Photo

External mic with power pass thru, again from Amazon.
Amazon.com : VideoSecu High Sensitive Preamp Mini Audio Pickup Tiny Spy Microphone with Power Bypass for Security Audio Sound Voice Monitoring Recording and bonus Warning Decal WD4 : Audio Component Preamplifiers : Camera & Photo

I recommend these connectors for a simple clean install.
inShareplus 20 Pack 5.5 X 2.1mm Barrel Male and Female 12V DC Power Jack Adapter Connector Plug for CCTV Security Camera LED Strip - - Amazon.com

SD
I have the VideoSecu mic as well as the Microseven. The M7 is a multitude times better. IMHO

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm sure glad I've came across this topic.
Bought 2 cameras from @EMPIRETECANDY through Aliexpres storfront, got them couple days ago. Exelent service, very fast shipping times.
I came from foscam PTZ then Sunba PTZ and now this sd49225t-hn so you guys can imagine how ecstatic I and wifey are about this cam.
Ordered one more and when Andy has more stock wife wants another one :).
Still learning about the cam. Currently recording to Unraid NAS. Also have couple Hikvision bullets and couple Hikvision minidomes.
Need some advise:
1. NVR or PC recording?
2. If NVR what model do you guys recomend (brand).
3. What URL would you use to for example to go to preset 2 and start recording (trying to integrate with HA). My HA controler is isy994izw by Universal Devices.
4. If future firmwares are available from Dahua can we upgrade ourselves or have to wait for Andy with custom firmware.
Thanks
PS. Because of the size of property (rural) I would rather go with individual POE injectors then central POE switch(POE NVR).

Tibbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well after some reading and experimenting I can partially answer:
3. http://<ip>/cgi-bin/ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=GotoPreset&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0 ---this will go to preset 1.
4. Looks like as long we use right firmware for right camera we can upgrade. (would the camera let you use wrong file and brick it?? )

falcy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I want to thank Andy for very fast shipping and no tax with UPS in Italy :) SD49225T-HN + PFA120 cam works perfectly, Thanks.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to order a camera today from Andy's site but it isn't working right now. Grrrrr...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I put up one of these at a remote radio repeater site today, and this is how it sees now in the middle of the night when I crank up the exposure, gain, and iris settings to the max.

No artificial lighting for about 10+ miles. The moon is currently only 8% illuminated! I hope these manual exposure settings allow the camera to behave decently during the day, because Dahua's automatic profile switching sucks. I'll probably have to rig up a sunrise/sunset profile switcher.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I recently added a 3rd 49225T-HN camera. I now have 2 of them located in the back of the house. This camera is dedicated for the view only and is forced in color mode 24/7. All the other settings are at the camera defaults. Here is the view at night.

Dahua DH-SD49225T-HN.jpg

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I put up one of these at a remote radio repeater site today, and this is how it sees now in the middle of the night when I crank up the exposure, gain, and iris settings to the max.

No artificial lighting for about 10+ miles. The moon is currently only 8% illuminated! I hope these manual exposure settings allow the camera to behave decently during the day, because Dahua's automatic profile switching sucks. I'll probably have to rig up a sunrise/sunset profile switcher.
Is that using the 1/3 shutter speed? Have you tried it in forced color mode at night?

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Ck - Thanks for the info. Goes to show my ignorance and not thinking it through (although it does beg the question why they force a choice). Anyway, I'm off to go make an order now - very much appreciated !

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks like you can use standard POE if you do not use the IR. Without the IR it is rated at 13W which would work with my Hikvision NVR. So I am thinking about getting one of these.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got my fittings today. But this week it's raining cats and dogs like in the rainforest, so no chance for an install.
I'm glad i already pulled some pipes from the attic to the roof overhang a few days ago. So it would be easier to get some cable there when I'm ready for install.