Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm going to test this soon. Just need to mount one or two more cam for the IVS triggers. If I forget to come back to you, just ask me for it in a few days and I'll do the testing. At the moment the weather is really unstable here, which is no fun to mount cams outside. And my second SD49225 is on its way and not arrived yet.
Thanks, would be appreciated, fitting camera installations around the weather is not ideal I know!

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ordered my SD49225T-HN from Andy on 9/05 and received it on 9/11. Fast!! Geez- this equipment is massive! Including the pole mount and big power box. I've got the M7WP-MIC and POE splitter and think I have everything figured out- but wanted to check with you guys on something. The diagram in the manual shows mic wires red, black and white, with no connector, but the cool wiring photos nayr posted shows one end of an RCA M/M barrel plugged in to a cream colored RCA F connector on a wire.

Do I just chop the F end off of an RCA patch cable and solder it to the SD49225T-HN's mic wires (wht = audio in, blk = gnd)?

I plan to test the camera first without the mic, running cat6 straight from a Trendnet TPE-115GI to the camera's RJ45. I'll plug the other end of the Trendnet into my GB router and see if I can control the camera with whatever came on the CD in the camera's shipping box.

Are the planets aligned in my favor?

Reaction score
I activated the Temperature Overlay option in the SD49225T-HN's settings, and I am getting 107 to 109 Degree Fahrenheit readings. Anyone else activate this option, and if so, what are your readings? Even with outside temps from 50 to 70 degrees, this looks pretty warm to me.

On another note, this camera has been having image display issues off and on. All I get is a black image with the blue tripwire and intrusion zone lines visible. This sometimes goes from days to a week or more, then everything starts working again. Just wondering if temperature has anything to do with it.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@weigle2 I don't think it's temperature; my sd59230u-hni routinely hangs out in the 130s-140s, especially later in the day when sun faces that side of the house--I'm not getting any blackout like you describe and the camera operates fine. If you're having display issues, one thing you can check is your video setting with regard to fps and iframe interval. The camera's default usually has the iframe interval set at double the fps. Try matching them (e.g. 20 / 20). This is particularly important if you use Blue Iris. (It's early AM with temps in the mid 60sF right now and my camera reports 105F).

Reaction score
@weigle2 I don't think it's temperature; my sd59230u-hni routinely hangs out in the 130s-140s, especially later in the day when sun faces that side of the house--I'm not getting any blackout like you describe and the camera operates fine. If you're having display issues, one thing you can check is your video setting with regard to fps and iframe interval. The camera's default usually has the iframe interval set at double the fps. Try matching them (e.g. 20 / 20). This is particularly important if you use Blue Iris. (It's early AM with temps in the mid 60sF right now and my camera reports 105F).
Thanks. At least it confirms it's not temperature related. I have noticed when this happens (3 times now) it doesn't lose video immediately. It fades out a couple of times, then just goes out completely. FPS and iFrame are matched at 10. I've gone through factory reset several times, and nothing seems to make a difference. Even plated with iris settings with no change. I guess I'll need to pull it down, and send it to the contact I got from Andy several months ago, in NY.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered my SD49225T-HN from Andy on 9/05 and received it on 9/11. Fast!! Geez- this equipment is massive! Including the pole mount and big power box. I've got the M7WP-MIC and POE splitter and think I have everything figured out- but wanted to check with you guys on something. The diagram in the manual shows mic wires red, black and white, with no connector, but the cool wiring photos nayr posted shows one end of an RCA M/M barrel plugged in to a cream colored RCA F connector on a wire.

Do I just chop the F end off of an RCA patch cable and solder it to the SD49225T-HN's mic wires (wht = audio in, blk = gnd)?

I plan to test the camera first without the mic, running cat6 straight from a Trendnet TPE-115GI to the camera's RJ45. I'll plug the other end of the Trendnet into my GB router and see if I can control the camera with whatever came on the CD in the camera's shipping box.

Are the planets aligned in my favor?

Just connect the mic wires to the audio in (white), and ground. I didn't use any RCA connectors, to me it just adds bulk to try to stuff in a junction box. Solder is always a good alternative, or wire nuts.

Last edited:

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. At least it confirms it's not temperature related. I have noticed when this happens (3 times now) it doesn't lose video immediately. It fades out a couple of times, then just goes out completely. FPS and iFrame are matched at 10. I've gone through factory reset several times, and nothing seems to make a difference. Even plated with iris settings with no change. I guess I'll need to pull it down, and send it to the contact I got from Andy several months ago, in NY.
Are you using any backlight settings (WDR, etc.) that might be causing this? Probably not, but thought I'd ask.

Reaction score
Are you using any backlight settings (WDR, etc.) that might be causing this? Probably not, but thought I'd ask.
No backlight settings. The black picture problem is present day and night, in all light conditions. Then, all of a sudden when it comes back, it's the same way it disappeared. Kind of, just fades back in again.

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey gang, I was looking around in WebPlugin3.0.0.3 that came with my SD49225T-HN camera and saw a couple of times a notice like “No SD card installed”. I took the back cover off of the camera and saw what appeared like an SD card slot, but it was empty.

In the spec under Network is this:
Edge Storage NAS (Network Attached Storage),Local PC for instant recording, Micro SD card 128GB

Should the camera have an SD card installed? Where can I find about it? Is this an SD card slot?

Back_Cover_Off.jpg

Reaction score
Hey gang, I was looking around in WebPlugin3.0.0.3 that came with my SD49225T-HN camera and saw a couple of times a notice like “No SD card installed”. I took the back cover off of the camera and saw what appeared like an SD card slot, but it was empty.

In the spec under Network is this:
Edge Storage NAS (Network Attached Storage),Local PC for instant recording, Micro SD card 128GB

Should the camera have an SD card installed? Where can I find about it? Is this an SD card slot?

View attachment 21815
Yes, there is a microSD card slot. And, no, they don't give you a card. You have the option to install a microSD card up to 128GB if you want, for local storage in the camera. This is handy if for some reason, your normal method of storing video fails for some reason. All my cams have microSD cards installed, to take advantage of the ANR feature Dahua NVR's have. ANR (automatic network replenishment) allows for automatic upload of the video stored in the camera (microSD Card) when network connectivity is restored after a failure. It work's as advertised.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, looks like I've had a POE failure...Cam stopped working yesterday. After doing some testing, it will power up using a 12v wall power supply but will no longer accept power through POE. Tried with several POE supplies (all of which work on other cameras) and no luck. No sign of life using POE (No start up pan/tilt, no IR lights, don't hear the fan running, can freely pan/tilt the unit by hand as you can when the unit is unpowered). Any ideas of what to do next? Apparently, it seems the POE device has malfunctioned.

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
w2, l2, I've got one in the cam now. Next step is to make sure the mic works OK before I put it all up on a pole in the front of my house.

And I've decided I want to go the NVR route. It looks like a 4-port POE model will power up to 2 cameras, which is enough for me now. Any suggestions? Andy wants me to buy an NVR4104-P-4KS2 but it looks different on different websites. I don't like the form factor of the white box with rounded corners. A black box with square corners will match my other gear better.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, looks like I've had a POE failure...Cam stopped working yesterday. After doing some testing, it will power up using a 12v wall power supply but will no longer accept power through POE. Tried with several POE supplies (all of which work on other cameras) and no luck. No sign of life using POE (No start up pan/tilt, no IR lights, don't hear the fan running, can freely pan/tilt the unit by hand as you can when the unit is unpowered). Any ideas of what to do next? Apparently, it seems the POE device has malfunctioned.
Just curious, any thunderstorms lately?