Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i already have SD49225T-HN ,and im really happy with it ..+11 cams 5231and 2 nvrs 52xxp..i would love to install this wifi one on new location and ,can i use it with just sd card inside without nvr

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i already have SD49225T-HN ,and im really happy with it ..+11 cams 5231and 2 nvrs 52xxp..i would love to install this wifi one on new location and ,can i use it with just sd card inside without nvr
Didn't try that specific model. But shall not be any difference to other cams with only SD card inside. For sure 24/7 recording wouldn't be the best for SD memory, but will work until the card dies

Reaction score
I have mine hooked up to dahua 4208p nvr. I plugged poe+ power into a surge protector. Then run patch cat6 to nvr and another cat6 to camera.
Eric
Good to know, thanks. DHL just called that the camera will be delivered on Monday, Andy is the man. Can't wait to get my hands on and play with it.

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its great! When I get some extra cash i want to get the 30x ultra ptz. Think Andy has it for $1300.
Eric

mmmburritos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any consensus on the recommended firmware version for this camera? Got mine from Andy and it came with 2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510 build date 2016-09-21. Not having any major problems but I've noticed some oddities when viewing it on my Mac via Safari, may be more related to the Mac plugin than the camera firmware though, I have no trouble on IE11 on Windows. I haven't seen any updated firmware available on the Dahua site, so maybe I'm looking in the wrong place..I'd be curious to see a changelog before I take the plunge on a new version.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have been running the sd49225t-hn for a week or two now with IVS triggering PTZ presets from another Dahua camera, it has on three occasions now gone black with the error 'The login return time is up' and after a minute or two it will come back online again. I also notice some odd blips when it activates a preset from IVS trigger when it will just carry out the zoom portion of the preset and not the pan or tilt. I understand this is a budget PTZ relatively speaking and maybe the presets are pushing it too hard, although the IVS triggers are on average 10 minutes apart and sometimes it will be idle for more than 30 minutes - just wondered if anyone had experienced these issues, my other Dahua cameras are faultless and network equipment is good quality so this should not be the weak point. Side note, I did drop the bit rate to 6144 and this made no difference, was originally running it at 8192, frame rate 15, I tried this at 12 but no change. Generally the IVS triggering is extremely impressive and when working 100% it can cover serious ground at day and night when linked to the sd49225t-hn :) it is an impressive camera at any price in my opinion and right now it is an absolute bargain ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mounting Question: Are there corner mounts available and/or how would you recommend putting on the corner of the house?

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mounting Question: Are there corner mounts available and/or how would you recommend putting on the corner of the house?
Corner bracket is the PFA151 shown here PFA151 | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology you can also use a PFA120 junction box between the corner bracket and PTZ mounting bracket included with the camera shown here PFA120 | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology if you want to lift it away from the wall some more to clear drain pipes or similar.

The corner mount bracket can be painted to match wall colour, looks less industrial that way! bracket itself is quite robust and made of thick steel.

Reaction score
Awesome Thank you! @gansle thank you for the photo!

I'm really trying to figure out where best to mount this on my house and I think the coroner is going to be the best spot as it will get the side and front yard. Then add another on the opposite coroner mounted in the back. I can't wait to play with it :)

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im in a corner lot so i can everywhere that isnt fenced in. I leave the camera zoomed up on street so i can read license plates. Eventually I will replace with ultra starlight so I can read plates at night.
Eric

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Awesome Thank you! @gansle thank you for the photo!

I'm really trying to figure out where best to mount this on my house and I think the coroner is going to be the best spot as it will get the side and front yard. Then add another on the opposite coroner mounted in the back. I can't wait to play with it :)
Keep the IVS feature in mind when planning mounting points, corner is most efficient with PTZ but using IVS to trigger your PTZ is a great feature by using a wide angle fixed camera (or two) as your PTZ's eyes then directing the PTZ to zoom on a particular area for more detail, lots of fun to be had :)

Reaction score
Keep the IVS feature in mind when planning mounting points, corner is most efficient with PTZ but using IVS to trigger your PTZ is a great feature by using a wide angle fixed camera (or two) as your PTZ's eyes then directing the PTZ to zoom on a particular area for more detail, lots of fun to be had :)
I'm planning on about 8 5231's to go with the 46225. Can Blue Iris respond to IVS triggers? My plan is to use Blue Iris, which I currently have setup on a few Hikivision's which are going away.

This will be my first PTZ and there is a lot to learn... I've been pulling Cat6 cable like mad the past couple of weekends and it's been a challenge as my basement is finished... So far only 2 holes in the ceilings to make homeruns to the server room.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm planning on about 8 5231's to go with the 46225. Can Blue Iris respond to IVS triggers? My plan is to use Blue Iris, which I currently have setup on a few Hikivision's which are going away.

This will be my first PTZ and there is a lot to learn... I've been pulling Cat6 cable like mad the past couple of weekends and it's been a challenge as my basement is finished... So far only 2 holes in the ceilings to make homeruns to the server room.
Hopefully someone else will chime in on Blue Iris, I currently use Dahua NVR which support IVS. Cable pulling can be the painful part! light at the end of the tunnel once cameras start going up and sure you will enjoy playing with the PTZ, great fun but also serious tool once setup properly.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tested IVS with Blue Iris today with my SD5923OU-HNI (similar camera as this thread topic camera (same firmware I believe)) and it works fine. However, IVS on my IPC-HDW5231R-Z
does not work with Blue Iris detection. In order to see if your Dahua camera with IVS will work with Blue Iris, do the following: In BI camera properties>Video>Configure, check Get Events With PullPointSubscription. Next, go to camera properties>Trigger>and select Camera's digital input and motion, ensure Motion Sensor and Global DIO inputs bits are unchecked. In the Dahua camera GUI, set up and enable an IVS trigger and make sure video and or audio detection are off in the camera.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have been running the sd49225t-hn for a week or two now with IVS triggering PTZ presets from another Dahua camera, it has on three occasions now gone black with the error 'The login return time is up' and after a minute or two it will come back online again. I also notice some odd blips when it activates a preset from IVS trigger when it will just carry out the zoom portion of the preset and not the pan or tilt. I understand this is a budget PTZ relatively speaking and maybe the presets are pushing it too hard, although the IVS triggers are on average 10 minutes apart and sometimes it will be idle for more than 30 minutes - just wondered if anyone had experienced these issues, my other Dahua cameras are faultless and network equipment is good quality so this should not be the weak point. Side note, I did drop the bit rate to 6144 and this made no difference, was originally running it at 8192, frame rate 15, I tried this at 12 but no change. Generally the IVS triggering is extremely impressive and when working 100% it can cover serious ground at day and night when linked to the sd49225t-hn :) it is an impressive camera at any price in my opinion and right now it is an absolute bargain ;)
I'm going to test this soon. Just need to mount one or two more cam for the IVS triggers. If I forget to come back to you, just ask me for it in a few days and I'll do the testing. At the moment the weather is really unstable here, which is no fun to mount cams outside. And my second SD49225 is on its way and not arrived yet.