Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have a working snapshot URL for this camera?
I have searched this forum and the web in general and tried 4 or 5 different ones, but can't seem to get one to work.

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck updating the firmware? When I tried it just goes to page not found after a few seconds and does not appear to update the firmware.

Attachments

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck updating the firmware? When I tried it just goes to page not found after a few seconds and does not appear to update the firmware.
My advice is NOT to update to the latest firmware (june 2017). It introduces some serious network lag and it's not possible to downgrade!!

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy and Dahua said to upgrade because my image is pink on my camera...

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated the firmware, but only for ntsc vs pal.
My version is:

2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510, Build Date: 2016-09-21

I've been wondering if this is why none of the urls I'm finding work to get a snapshot from the camera.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I finally figured part of this out. This camera has been a learning experience to say the least.
When I got this cam I put it up on a temp spot to test and every few days it would freeze up and have to be power cycled to bring it back to working order. I had tried different things with it in this time. One being taking a snapshot and saving to my server via ftp.
Well I messed something up with that/didn't understand/whatever and had about 8 gigs of snapshots on the server by the time I realized. I thought I'd set it to take a snapshot when an "event" happened like a tripwire that I'd set up. Turns out that it was taking one every second all day everyday!
So I changed the timing to 3600 seconds.
This is where the problem from the external url for snapshot comes in. It seems you can only get a snapshot of any kind as often as you have the timing set for in the Camera - Video - Snapshot tab.
So it wouldn't work via url because it wasn't time to give one.
Strange firmware on this cam.

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Adding Microphone to SD49225T-HN

I plan to order a new SD49225T-HN and mount it on a sawed-off flagpole at the front of my house that currently hosts a weather sensor. Across the street is the chain-link enclosed back yard of the across-the-street neighbor’s house. This house fronts on an east-west street south of my location. The residents keep a couple of untrained big dogs there that bark a lot.

Pole-web.jpg Cross-Street_800.jpg

If I can, I would like to use the camera’s Web interface to record the sights and sounds coming from across the street. If I can get by without an NVR or something like Blue Iris that would be great, otherwise I can go with one or the other.

I am the activity detector! I want to be able to record on demand. When the dogs bark I want to be able to zoom in on and record the sights and sound for evidence. Audio integration is a must.

I welcome your comments. In particular I need to integrate a directional (shotgun) microphone with the camera’s video. The mic does not have to tilt or pan, but when I watch the video I want to be able to hear sounds coming from the area of interest.

Does a particular directional microphone come to mind to any of you? Will the camera power the mic? I don’t even have a good idea of what the connections coming out of the SD49225T-HN look like. Are they anything like this? (I think I have all the docs- where in them do I find the info I'll need?)

I’ll really need some hand-holding to get a mic set up properly!

TIA - Dave

BigTymer

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the camera freezing during the switch from night to day mode? I record continuously so I can see exactly when the camera freezes and it always happens when the screen goes almost completely white right before it switches back to color for the day. It does not happen every night, but it is happening often (almost every night). Has anyone else had this issue? I have tried to switch PoE sources which did not have any impact. I was thinking when the screen goes all white it was somehow pulling more power or something causing the lockup, but that does not seem to be the case. Anyone else have an idea?

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you recommend a POE+ injector and splitter for use with this camera? I keep seeing 56vdc (Trendnet, etc.) and the camera wants 12vdc. I don't want to fry its innards!

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My advice is NOT to update to the latest firmware (june 2017). It introduces some serious network lag and it's not possible to downgrade!!
I got 2 firmware versions from Andy that should be working after my upgrade to the 2017 June 30 firmware .. i however get this error message:

Knipsel.JPG

anyone with a suggestion? It seems this new firmware doesn't allow older firmware .. any help is appreciated.

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you recommend a POE+ injector and splitter for use with this camera? I keep seeing 56vdc (Trendnet, etc.) and the camera wants 12vdc. I don't want to fry its innards!
Check out page 1. I used ldasilvas recommended one on amazon and it works great.
Eric

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks gansle, I'll go look. I just figured out that POE power is 48-56v! Makes sense- higher voltage, fewer ma, less IR loss.

There needs to be a book on this for n3wbs. I'm sure it's all here, but digging it out is hit-or-miss.

Thank goodness for all the help though. Much appreciated.

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think this ptz takes less power because there is no heater like my 30x ptz. Think poe+ was $20 on amazon.
Eric

Reaction score
If you have a POE switch hooked to the camera and an external power pack to power the camera , the POE switch should not be supplying power. Also the Camera should be negotiating what source of power it is drawing from. If the power pack is connected the camera should not be calling for power over POE.

Injectors, do not pull power from a POE switch. The POE switch should see the injector is not calling for power and shut the power off to the Cat cable going to the injector. The injector see's power being called by the camera and then supplies it to the camera.

Plugging a 5 watt camera into a 15 watt injector does not result in 10 watts of power being lost somewhere; the camera will simply draw as much electrical power as it needs. The power circuit in the camera should be regulating the power it needs.
How about hooking this up to an NVR with a POE and an external power pack, will this camera draw power from both of them? And, it is safe to do just that? I just ordered one today from Andy and I just want to make sure I won't be making anything wrong to fry the camera. Thanks for any response to a newbie guy in this forum. :wave:

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have mine hooked up to dahua 4208p nvr. I plugged poe+ power into a surge protector. Then run patch cat6 to nvr and another cat6 to camera.
Eric

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got 2 firmware versions from Andy that should be working after my upgrade to the 2017 June 30 firmware .. i however get this error message:

View attachment 21490

anyone with a suggestion? It seems this new firmware doesn't allow older firmware .. any help is appreciated.
This is normal behavior with the new firmware. The new firmware checks if the firmware is signed. This way it makes sure the firmware is unmodified. While the older firmware came without this check it also doesn't have matching signature, so the newer firmware won't let you do a downgrade. Same with all new firmware of Dahua. My NVR is also not downgradeable anymore prior the 2017-04 firmware. I'm glad the 2017-08 firmware fixed most bugs I had with the 2017-04 and only left over the new features

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is normal behavior with the new firmware. The new firmware checks if the firmware is signed. This way it makes sure the firmware is unmodified. While the older firmware came without this check it also doesn't have matching signature, so the newer firmware won't let you do a downgrade. Same with all new firmware of Dahua.
Hi crazykiller, thanks for your reply. I was afraid of that already. Bummer to be stuck on this firmware ;-(