Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I will look into it. Looks like he goes by Jack Chan at CCTV.

Update: I sent them an email asking them for the part number and pricing for the 20X PTZ camera with the new Sony sensor and chipset that you listed. Hopefully I will have an answer in a couple of days.

Last edited:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I will look into it. Looks like he goes by Jack Chen at CCTV.

Update: I sent them an email asking them for the part number and pricing for the 20X PTZ camera with the new Sony sensor and chipset that you listed. Hopefully I will have an answer in a couple of days.
Let me know if you get one...I've been strongly considering it, although there's a few features that I would like that are lacking...but for a general security PTZ, seems like the best for the price on the market right now..

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
For me just a basic 20X ptz will work. I have a Hikvision NVR that I will be controlling it with and I record 24/7 so nothing fancy is required for me. The main requirement is excellent night vision. My Huisun 10X PTZ's are fairly good at night but not as good as the starlights but better than say a Hikvision 2032 bullet camera. Seeing what they say and the price we shall see.

lasakro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My newly received 49225 came with main board FW 2.422.00002.R.R4.2510.9A.NR (3-22-2017) and PTZ board FW 3.02.20.RHNZ. With my other Dahua cameras the value of GMT -/+ X sets the time my Thunderbird reports e-mail alerts received. With this FW no matter what the values are for X were, if I did or did not select Sync with NTP Server, my e-mail alerts were always reported to have been received 12 hours in the past. After reading what looked to be a 50% success rate with the new FW I upgraded and now can't connect. This is what I did:

1) Using the cam web interface upgraded the PTZ FW to 3.02.93.R.170518, cam reboots
2) Using the cam web interface upgraded the Main FW to 2.600.0000.2.r.20170905, cam reboots
3) Can't connect with web to 192.168.1.108. Device search with NVR4104 can't find cam
4) Hard cycled power and held reset button down for greater than 45 seconds a few times, after each checking web connection, no change
5) Remove my SD card with the idea the FW might not like one installed.
6) Increased the reset time from 45 to greater than 2 minutes a couple of times, no change.

Now I notice that my router sees IP 192.168.1.108 as an attached device. I can also ping it with results at around 0.4ms. My router actually allowed me to edit the device priority from Normal to Highest. I'm at a loss, still no web connect. I do currently have the cam powered via POE splitter so that I can power my local mic. That might be my next step is to unmount it and connect it directly back up to PoE. Any ideas welcome, thanks.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

lasakro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After removing this PoE splitter I found my cam on the previously set IP address and confirmed the upgrade took. I don't know why after the updated FW and that splitter was somewhat showing the cam on .108. The new FW did correct the time problem in that the GMT field actually works now. Tonight, in the dark, at max zoom I did experience a lack of focus. After returning to 1X and a more well lite area I was not able to focus until I pressed Lens Init just like CamCrazy mentioned back on page 50. It started to rain here and with some water droplets on the face additional testing will have to wait.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update on the Yunch. Sunny Chan sent me this link to what he wants to sell me. It I am reading it correctly it has a 1/3 sensor, not I wanted at all. I need to get Jack Chens email address.

Aliexpress.com : Buy CCTV system Auto Tracking PTZ IP Camera with HIK Module 1080P 20X Optical Zoom infrared with wiper audio alarm from Reliable ptz ip camera suppliers on CCTV System Shop
There is a thread for this cam already:
Yunch 20x PTZ With Starlight Module.

Should probably move this over there so as not to confuse the two cams.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After removing this PoE splitter I found my cam on the previously set IP address and confirmed the upgrade took. I don't know why after the updated FW and that splitter was somewhat showing the cam on .108. The new FW did correct the time problem in that the GMT field actually works now. Tonight, in the dark, at max zoom I did experience a lack of focus. After returning to 1X and a more well lite area I was not able to focus until I pressed Lens Init just like CamCrazy mentioned back on page 50. It started to rain here and with some water droplets on the face additional testing will have to wait.
You mention POE, you do realize this cam requires POE+?
Whatever you are powering it with needs to be 802.3.at compliant.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

lasakro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is with 24 watts. Cam rated for 20 with IR on, thanks. Maybe it died, I'll need to check voltage tonight.

zenix

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
did the hardware of the SD49225T-HN changed since it's launch?
The susbtream 2 was 720P but Dahua official web site and wiki site show 1080P!
On the vendor's side, I found evenly the two specs so it's hard to figure this out..
Somebody knows about this?
Thanks.

On a side note, I understand that this "Lite" model has different hardware than his "Pro" sister (SD59225U-HNI) but really doubt that the Auto Tracking feature alone couldn't be run on it (as IVS features already works). Looks like pure marketing limit, that's sad..

(Long time reader, brand new writer, that's my first post here. Time to Thanks you all, I learn a lot reading you! )

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I ordered this camera today from Andy, and am very jazzed to think how great it will be. I'll need to get better acquainted with object detection, as my fixed bullets use zones.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,
did the hardware of the SD49225T-HN changed since it's launch?
The susbtream 2 was 720P but Dahua official web site and wiki site show 1080P!
On the vendor's side, I found evenly the two specs so it's hard to figure this out..
Somebody knows about this?
Thanks.

On a side note, I understand that this "Lite" model has different hardware than his "Pro" sister (SD59225U-HNI) but really doubt that the Auto Tracking feature alone couldn't be run on it (as IVS features already works). Looks like pure marketing limit, that's sad..

(Long time reader, brand new writer, that's my first post here. Time to Thanks you all, I learn a lot reading you! )
Substream 2 with latest firmware is 1280*720(720p) but other 'specs' have changed with latest firmware like the removal of MJPEG encoding which Dahua still list on their website as being available! as mentioned previously do not upgrade the firmware on this camera when it arrives :D

zenix

n3wb
Reaction score
Substream 2 with latest firmware is 1280*720(720p) but other 'specs' have changed with latest firmware like the removal of MJPEG encoding which Dahua still list on their website as being available! as mentioned previously do not upgrade the firmware on this camera when it arrives :D
Thanks for clarifying this!
So Dahua site infos are a bit unreliable.. I should be cautious.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
An update if it helps anyone else, I have now got presets in Milestone XProtect working with this camera using [PAL]DH_SD-Mao-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.600.0000.2.R.20170905 firmware, importing from the camera didn't work but after setting them up manually within Milestone all is working fine.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying this!
So Dahua site infos are a bit unreliable.. I should be cautious.
Yes, very much unreliable..Surprising for what's considered a "top brand". I tried pointing this out a few months ago, but a group of "Dahua Fanboy" posters here tried to rip me a new one for saying it....but I'll say again what I said back then: This is a decent camera for the price for anyone looking for basic security, but not recommended for more complex jobs where exact specs will be important; A number of the listed specs are not accurate. Was hoping this would be improved with firmware updates, but sadly it seems to only get worse with each new update provided....To make matters worse, signature confirmations in the newer make it difficult to revert back to older firmware when you run into the problems with the new firmware....Your only option is to basically do a "brick recovery" to try getting back to the old firmware, which involves using a TFTP server to force old firmware image files onto the camera's flash memory.

Last edited:

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, very much unreliable..Surprising for what's considered a "top brand". I tried pointing this out a few months ago, but a group of "Dahua Fanboy" posters here tried to rip me a new one for saying it....but I'll say again what I said back then: This is a decent camera for the price for anyone looking for basic security, but not recommended for more complex jobs where exact specs will be important; A number of the listed specs are not accurate. Was hoping this would be improved with firmware updates, but sadly it seems to only get worse with each new update provided....To make matters worse, signature confirmations in the newer make it difficult to revert back to older firmware when you run into the problems with the new firmware....Your only option is to basically do a "brick recovery" to try getting back to the old firmware, which involves using a TFTP server to force old firmware image files onto the camera's flash memory.
Most likely because your approach sucks as you already know. You were basically calling Dahua junk because it doesn't fit your bird watching or whatever it is you do. The cameras are a pretty good bargain for needs of a security camera, which is what this site is pretty much for. All you did was bitch and moan instead of just returning it and finding something that fits your needs. You are one of the cancers of this forum.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
In defense of Dahua brand...I have had IP cameras now for over 10 years and in that time I have had MANY brands. Axis-Linksys-Sony-Hikvision-Ecs-Ycam-Foscam-Zmodo-Dlink-Zpan and probably a few I forgot. I am by no means a professional installer, but just a end user looking for the best cam out there. Currently just about all of my cameras are now Dahua, thanks to Andy and his great service and pricing. To this day I have never had a Dahua fail, all of my old 1.3mp Dahua bullets were still running the day I replaced them with newer models. As far as this model (SD49225-HN) it has been rock solid. I have not even screwed around and updated the firmware. Anyway enough blabbing, just had to share my 10 years experience. :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How reliable is the PTZ function? I'm aware that certain rules need to be established via the IVS function. I feel PTZ eliminates the need for multiple placement of cameras. If suppose the subject was out of frame (i.e. on the side of the camera), would this PTZ be able to auto-orient itself towards that direction? Are there any proximity sensors built in to detect activity?