Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not had much luck getting Dahua to acknowledge the problems I've had since firmware update, they seem relatively keen to deal with other requests but almost ignoring anything linked to the 49225, I hope this means they are either thinking about it or busy working on a resolution, currently I have to run a 'Lens init' at least every 24 hours and the flickering persists regardless. Radio silence does not inspire me to purchase anymore Dahua PTZ's and to some degree anymore Dahua kit full stop, hopefully they will come back to me with some good news soon.
I pushed Dahua a bit more and they came back suggesting that no other users have reported any problems with the latest firmware and that I should RMA my 49225, so maybe I am very unlucky and my 49225 hardware happened to fail at the same moment I upgraded to the latest firmware :rolleyes: Dahua support suggested I upgrade to the latest firmware, i.e. the one that caused the issues in the first place, I had explained this was what caused the problem, hopefully they will manage to come up with a better resolution given time. Support from my experience so far doesn't seem to be their forte but in the meantime the camera is at least working for the most part, flickering aside, even if I do have to run a 'focus init' every 12-24 hours to avoid out of focus images which is frustrating.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
man that sucks.... i still havent updated my sd49225t-hn cams i got from Andy since i started this thread its getting close to a year since install

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
man that sucks.... i still havent updated my sd49225t-hn cams i got from Andy since i started this thread its getting close to a year since install
I just got an update and apparently the issue(s) are being sent to the tech team in China to be resolved, this is a positive response and I will await to see the outcome :)

With that being said I wouldn't touch your existing 49225's firmware unless there is very good reason to do so!

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just got an update and apparently the issue(s) are being sent to the tech team in China to be resolved, this is a positive response and I will await to see the outcome :)

With that being said I wouldn't touch your existing 49225's firmware unless there is very good reason to do so!
yeah i wont ... dont mess whats not broken

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

Dittos to that.

localdevjs

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought this camera a little while ago for a project, finally getting to install it. I plan to use a POE injector, it was recommended in this thread (I think), model is POE-I100G, with output at DC52V.

My question; can I run Power over a 200 foot cable? I have tested it with a 100 foot cable and it worked great (including the night time mode with IR) but would rather safe myself the purchase of a 200 foot cable if the specs won't hold up.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Any farther and you may or may not have problems. It's like milk and the date on the container- best before, not bad after. But how far after? You take your chances.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Installed this monster dew drop today, and am very impressed with the quality. Still struggling with the preset features within the web GUI, testing out various exposure settings for night time, and the B.I. auto-cycle patrol.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
It is the standard for all devices regardless of POE. If it will plug into a router or switch it will work on 100m of cable.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After removing this PoE splitter I found my cam on the previously set IP address and confirmed the upgrade took. I don't know why after the updated FW and that splitter was somewhat showing the cam on .108. The new FW did correct the time problem in that the GMT field actually works now. Tonight, in the dark, at max zoom I did experience a lack of focus. After returning to 1X and a more well lite area I was not able to focus until I pressed Lens Init just like CamCrazy mentioned back on page 50. It started to rain here and with some water droplets on the face additional testing will have to wait.
Lasakro, thanks for responding to my message, are you finding any other problems since the firmware upgrade or is it just the focus after zooming in, mine is still flickering and seems unstable when saving settings like sharpness, sometimes they will revert back to default after a few days. Currently in discussion with Dahua regarding this and they seem happy to correspond but not making much progress. If you are experiencing problems it might be useful to contact Dahua support so they know there is more than one person in the world having problems since the upgrade, I am pretty close to giving up on them right now and may try to go back to previous firmware with kind assistance from @wxman

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ordered 2 from Andy this morning. That completes the camera setup, now first the house needs to be built :)

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ordered 2 from Andy this morning. That completes the camera setup, now first the house needs to be built :)
Lol, you are more crazy than me. My house has already been built and i have a lot of cams in my closet, waiting for an install :lmao:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well i had the budget now and during the build the house costs will increase. So now i can hand the brackets to the E installer and than that part i can close off.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just installed this parapet mount. It included the adapter that fit the camera. Which is a good thing since no domestic supplier seems to have stock of the pfa111.

It provides extra elevation above the mount point and extends the camera away from the mount point by about 3'. That makes the obstruction when looking back towards the mount very minimal.

I mounted mine to the top of a 10' high post.

1509637315984.jpg 1509637343780.jpg 1509637458950.jpg

Admittedly, at 13' high on a 4x4 post, there is some wind-induced sway, so I may end up cutting it down a bit. But the 360 view is really worth the effort and expense of the mount.

Last edited:

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just installed this parapet mount. It included the adapter that fit the camera. Which is a good thing since no domestic supplier seems to have stock of the pfa111.

It provides extra elevation above the mount point and extends the camera away from the mount point by about 3'. That makes the obstruction when looking back towards the mount very minimal.

I mounted mine to the top of a 10' high post.

View attachment 23146 View attachment 23147 View attachment 23148

Admittedly, at 13' high on a 4x4 post, there is some wind-induced away, so I may end up cutting it down a bit. But the 360 view is really worth the effort and expense of the mount.
From where did you know it would fit the cam? Was trying to get the PFB303S mount from China, but was too expensive from there. I already own the PFA111.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
From where did you know it would fit the cam? Was trying to get the PFB303S mount from China, but was too expensive from there. I already own the PFA111.
I didn't. In fact I added the pfa111 to the parapet order not realizing it included one. I assumed the mount had the standard G1.5" female. It does, but to my surprise, there was a three screw mount already in the end of the pole. Since the pfa111 was backordered, I simply canceled that item.