Dahua 4mp, 6mm turrets (IPC-HDW4421C)

clueless

n3wb
Reaction score
My Turret is about a month old and suddenly night time has gone grainy (IR is on).

Any ideas?

clueless

n3wb
Reaction score
Is noise reduction still enabled?
NR is disabled, i will disconnect the camera cable and reboot to see if that works.

Is there no way of rebooting the individual cameras from NVR or Web Interface?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
with NR disabled you'll see a ton of grain..

to reboot via WebUI: Setup -> System -> AutoMaintain -> Reboot

clueless

n3wb
Reaction score
Doh!

Yep fixed it by enabling NR. I disabled it after reading somewhere about motion blur.

Anyhow blurring is not an issue with these Turret.

Nice One Pal.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set NR to about 33%, if you run it too high it does cause blur..

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone please verify if SmartPSS v2 is working with the 4421c?

I'm trying it, but it keeps crashing my cams ( see herefor the thread ) .
Is SmartPSS v2 maybe not for second gen Themis cameras?
SmartPss 1.16 still works great btw.

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone please verify if SmartPSS v2 is working with the 4421c?

I'm trying it, but it keeps crashing my cams ( see herefor the thread ) .
Is SmartPSS v2 maybe not for second gen Themis cameras?
SmartPss 1.16 still works great btw.
I went ahead and flashed cor35vets modified firmware and as I hoped, the crashes with SmartPSS 2 were solved!
So if anyone has the problem of camera reboots/crashes in combination with the new smartPSS/PC-NVR,...give the new firmware a try as it solved my problem.

Reaction score
I went ahead and flashed cor35vets modified firmware and as I hoped, the crashes with SmartPSS 2 were solved!
So if anyone has the problem of camera reboots/crashes in combination with the new smartPSS/PC-NVR,...give the new firmware a try as it solved my problem.
@randyth Did your 4421C-A camera retain an English GUI? I flashed one of my 4421C-A cameras tonight, and it's gone Chinese. The Dahua ConfigTool makes it easy enough to configure, though.

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@randyth Did your 4421C-A camera retain an English GUI? I flashed one of my 4421C-A cameras tonight, and it's gone Chinese. The Dahua ConfigTool makes it easy enough to configure, though.
My camera did revert to Chinese after the firmware flash (in the Chrome browser. Strangely not in IE).
I believe this was because I reverted my settings to default.
After changing the language setting (in the general section) to English (the second entry, strangely there were two English entries in the language dropdown) I got the fully English interface again in all browsers.

Thanks again to @cor35vet for the new firmware. He caused a revolution in the Dahua scene!

Last edited:
Reaction score
My camera did revert to Chinese after the firmware flash (in the Chrome browser. Strangely not in IE).
I believe this was because I reverted my settings to default.
After changing the language setting (in the general section) to English (the second entry, strangely there were two English entries in the language dropdown) I got the fully English interface again in all browsers.

Thanks again to @cor35vet for the new firmware. He caused a revolution in the Dahua scene!
Thanks for the courtesy of your reply!! Using Chrome this morning, I was able to locate the language dropdown and reset my camera to English. :secret:

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Updating an older thread here but I was just playing with my 4421 to tweak the settings and noticed there's a much newer firmware available from Dahua:

大华股份

The firmware filename is DH_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.620.0000.0.R.20170620.bin

I've updated here on my Chinese camera from Aliexpress and it's working fine so far (that I can tell)

muzzy

n3wb
Reaction score
For one year i was using 34.R chinese firmware (DH_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.400.0000.34.R.20160801.bin) on all of my six cams. Today I have tried the new firmware (DH_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.620.0000.0.R.20170620.bin) on one cam. In general it working fine but in WDR mode it is constantly changing explosure (brightness) making motion detection useless...

I have tried to return to 34.R firmware but is says: "Wrong upgrade file! Causes the device part of the function to shut down and restart the device immediately" (Chrome translated from chinese)

So I have stuck with this new firmware. What do you think? is it possible to downgrade firmware to version 34.R?

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the people who are using these (unmodified) chinese firmwares: How are you using the camera settings as I assume they are all in Chinese language? Or are you all able to read chinese? :)

Sorry I never saw that last reply but again there is a newer Chinese firmware on the Dahua site which may have fixed that:

DH-IPC-HDW4XXX系列 -浙江大华技术股份有限公司

DH_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.620.0000002.0.R.170830.bin

I've just upgraded the one here as I'm looking to have a play around with ALPR / ANPR soon.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just use Google Chrome with autotranslate to work out the settings from Chinese to English, after working through Dahua cameras you start to remember where some of the main settings are regardless of language :)