Dahua 4mp, 6mm turrets (IPC-HDW4421C)

fabads

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Few days ago I have upgraded my cams to latest chinese firmware 34R.20160801. If has one great feature - h.264+ Smart Encoding. If significantly reduces network traffic and disk space consumption. I dont know now that did If but If really works.

You can get latest chinese firmware for your cams here: http://download.dahuatech.com/kit_det.php?cid=3877

Caution: You will lose english language upgrading to chinese firmware!
(I am using Chrome to translate cams webpages)

Looks like this press release describes this feature http://www.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/single.php?nid=194
Thanks a lot for this link. Do you know how the sellers translate those firmwares to English ?
Can we do the same with the last firmwares ?

muzzy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for this link. Do you know how the sellers translate those firmwares to English ?
Somebody is making for sellers custom firmwares replacing language files...

muzzy

n3wb
Reaction score
The drawback of SmartEnconing is that IVD functions are not available in this mode. Looks like Smart Encoding uses all CPU resourses...

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check post #18 of this thread: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13591-Dahua-Firmware-Mod-Kit-Modded-Dahua-Firmware

cor35vet is doing some legendary stuff there! And he is so kind to also think of us thermis-users.

I just opened it up and don't see the reset button. View attachment 13083
Hmmm, interesting. I wonder what dahua recommends as resetting procedure for this camera if no button is present...

ayates

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a note of thanks to those on this thread for all the good information for my first foray into IP cameras. I ordered a 4421C (3.6mm) from the link in this thread, and it arrived a few days ago and I just got it up an running. It worked out of box, in both day and night modes. It also connected fine to Blue Iris which I am trialing. Just been playing with the motion sensitivity in Blue Iris so it doesn't trigger in sunlight patterns from leaves waving in the breeze. Given this test was successful, I'll be getting a couple more cameras for a bit more coverage.

Allan.

Noname2.png

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
adjust your FOV and move that wall out of the way, its no threat to you and its going to ruin your night time imagery with the reflections coming off it.

also looks pretty high for a front porch camera, I doubt you'll get great facial shots from this angle.. usually door height is as far up as you want to go..

ayates

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I found out about the wall the hard way last night. The picture was OK when the landscape lights were on, but as soon as they shut off all I got was a white wall and everything else black. I do need to tweak that. Thx for the feedback on the height. The camera is actually under an eve, 11' above the porch. I am thinking that I may want to aim that further down the path, and perhaps add another one more at eye level, or just above.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you bring it down to 8ft you'll see further down your path.. the higher you put it the less distance you'll see because the angle of attack is too harsh.. its a balancing act, it can be hard/impossible to light up massive areas so neither is always ideal, but for a general rule of thumb.. the closer to average head height you can put it, the better ID shots it'll achieve.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep your landscape lights on all night?

I run LEDs and each of the lights are well under 7W. Pennies a year. If you do not run them, replace the bulbs for LEDs. Or replace the fixture. I use Volt Lighting.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So what seller on AE will be good to get one of this cam's? Found this seller here aliexpress.com for $63.65 w/free shipping. I may try one as i don't own any Dahua.
I purchased one of these in August 2015. It's been a pretty good camera to use in my garage. The seller that I purchased mine from has disappeared. Mine was $78.70 back in 2015. Here's a snapshot I took tonight.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems they are on holiday.no wonder my seller wouldn't answer lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I purchased one of these in August 2015. It's been a pretty good camera to use in my garage. The seller that I purchased mine from has disappeared. Mine was $78.70 back in 2015. Here's a snapshot I took tonight.
Thanks!
I am thinking about getting one for my Garage also...But trying to make the decisions between:
LBH24S200 3.6mm or i may need a wider view @ 2.8mm for 2 car garrage witch is @ 43.99 w/poe.
or go with other brand like
Dahua IPC-HDW4421C witch has the 3.6mm.
I don't own a Dahua cam yet..so will be nice to try.

You like better the Longe Besafe LBH24S200 or the Dahua IPC-HDW4421C?

Thanks,

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
3.6mm.. the 2.8 is too wide to see the length of a typical garage, or even a driveway.. for a 2 car garage install it between the cars looking down the center isle.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
3.6mm.. the 2.8 is too wide to see the length of a typical garage, or even a driveway.. for a 2 car garage install it between the cars looking down the center isle.
Thank you that advice!
Looks like both cam's have okay night vision but the Longse LBH24S200 maybe better because on the chipset. Never owned a Dahua so don't know much about them.
Now for the Dahua, can that be installed on a vertical wall outside?, and rain too.

Thanks.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now for the Dahua, can that be installed on a vertical wall outside?, and rain too.
I originally had mine installed on a vertical post outside, open to the weather. It was outside and was rained on often for about 9 months before I installed in inside the garage. Now it's installed on a vertical beam inside the garage.

ayates

n3wb
Reaction score
also looks pretty high for a front porch camera, I doubt you'll get great facial shots from this angle.. usually door height is as far up as you want to go..
Agreed. Added another camera (my wife is going camera happy :), now have three with five planned) on the opposite side 2-3' lower. This is a 6mm, the one higher up is 2.8mm.

Allan

Attachments