Dahua 4mp, 6mm turrets (IPC-HDW4421C)

ipnewuser

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new at IP Cam. This is my first experience. I recently bought this IPC-HDW4431C-A based on everyone's recommendations on this thread. I can't get my network to recognize it. I have the Dahua connected to TL-PoE150S and the TL-PoE150S to my switch or router. The green light is on TL-PoE150S. However, the light is orange on my switch. That means there's no internet connection or communication between the switch to the Dahua. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm new at IP Cam. This is my first experience. I recently bought this IPC-HDW4431C-A based on everyone's recommendations on this thread. I can't get my network to recognize it. I have the Dahua connected to TL-PoE150S and the TL-PoE150S to my switch or router. The green light is on TL-PoE150S. However, the light is orange on my switch. That means there's no internet connection or communication between the switch to the Dahua. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
It's static IP. 192.168.1.108 I think, it's on the side of the box.

ipnewuser

n3wb
Reaction score
It's static IP. 192.168.1.108 I think, it's on the side of the box.
I just looked on the side of the box and the writing is in Chinese. I can't read it. So how do I get the camera on my network. My IP is 192.168.0.100

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you change your IP to 192.168.1.100 manually, connect to the camera's default ip and change it to your network config.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
However, the light is orange on my switch. That means there's no internet connection or communication between the switch to the Dahua. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
You sure orange means no comm? usually orange means a slower speed connection, like 100 bt instead of 1000 bt.

ipnewuser

n3wb
Reaction score
you change your IP to 192.168.1.100 manually, connect to the camera's default ip and change it to your network config.
Thank you nayr!! I just followed your directions and it works great!

What's a good software to use with Dahau?

ipnewuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I think you are right. First I couldn't connect to the Dahua, and I assume that orange meant no connection. I wasn't connected to the camera... but thanks to nayr, I'm now connected. However, the orange color still is showing instead of green on my switch. I have 3 other connections on my switch that is green. So I am guessing that the TP-Link Injector could be the cause for the slower speed connection? I'm new to this.

ipnewuser

n3wb
Reaction score
I need help. I changed the default password to the camera. Now I can't login with the new password. I may have forgotten a letter or character here or there with the new password. How do I reset the camera to the original settings so I can start the process again? Thanks.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Upon first login, you are prompted to change the password. The password needs to be typed twice for confirmation. Forgetting a letter here or there, just one would be caught and is enough to make for denial. How did you do that?

ipnewuser

n3wb
Reaction score
I had already login and changed the default password. I can't remember the new password I had set several days ago. I guess I should have written it down. Blame it on old age. :) I just tried to sign into the camera to make some adjustment, but the login page wouldn't take my new password.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uh, old age. That has done many things...

May come down to reflashing it... a total reboot. See what the experts say.

muzzy

n3wb
Reaction score
Few days ago I have upgraded my cams to latest chinese firmware 34R.20160801. If has one great feature - h.264+ Smart Encoding. If significantly reduces network traffic and disk space consumption. I dont know now that did If but If really works.

You can get latest chinese firmware for your cams here: http://download.dahuatech.com/kit_det.php?cid=3877

Caution: You will lose english language upgrading to chinese firmware!
(I am using Chrome to translate cams webpages)

Looks like this press release describes this feature http://www.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/single.php?nid=194

Last edited by a moderator: