Dahua 4MP Starlight Lineup

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@greymanlife

The 4MP Starlight, 1/1.8 sensore, has been available in fixed lens sizes for a few months now. The varifocal model is on it's way to the US for a review by Looney2nes right now. Andy has posted some night stills in full color that look pretty darn good. The varifocal should be available in large numbers in the next week or two.

Reaction score
@greymanlife

The 4MP Starlight, 1/1.8 sensore, has been available in fixed lens sizes for a few months now. The varifocal model is on it's way to the US for a review by Looney2nes right now. Andy has posted some night stills in full color that look pretty darn good. The varifocal should be available in large numbers in the next week or two.

Are you speaking specfically of turrets or domes?

Do you have a link to these specific cameras so I can see them and check out all of the specs more?

I would highly prefer turrets with these specs.

I haven't decided between fixed lens or varifocal yet. Suggestions? Is the price significantly more for varifocal? As I mentioned, I could wait a few months before making a purchase while I get everything else figured out.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
These are turrets. There is a link to the varifocal in my post, above, that gives the available information as well as having the screen caps from night time shots.

There are several variants of them, one has no IR capability but does have onboard white LEDs that act as flood lights. Use your Google Fu, site:ipcamtalk.com 5442 will return all the discussions about these.

Reaction score
Ahh I overlooked that link in your post, thanks for point it out! Gonna tear through that thread now lol

Thanks.

Any idea on the price point?

Is the night vision on these B&W or colored?

I would prefer colored if possible, but these cameras seem to be super high spec on everything else and may be worth the B&W sacrifice.

Last edited: