Dahua camera Hikvision NVR

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking at the Dahua starlights to replace a couple of old Hikvision turrets I have outside. The ultra low light 3MP Hik's are hard to find now esp in longer focal lengths. Will I loose any functionality with a Hikvision NVR? Need motion detection, and line crossing would be nice.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking at the Dahua starlights to replace a couple of old Hikvision turrets I have outside. The ultra low light 3MP Hik's are hard to find now esp in longer focal lengths. Will I loose any functionality with a Hikvision NVR? Need motion detection, and line crossing would be nice.
Hi Cutterman,

Depends on if you are using the advanced features - like tripwire, line crossing and the like.

If you are stick with the Hikvision cameras with the Hikvision NVRs which have the more advanced features.

Otherwise, basics should work if both the cameras and NVR are ONVIF ( remember to check the level )

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried this a bit over a year ago. Using onvif, the video recorded ok. None of the detection features worked, not even basic motion detection. This could of course have changed since then with new firmware on either end. My solution was to go to a dahua nvr. No regrets.

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently use the 2MP 4x mini ptz on a Hik NVR.
I got the motion detection to work if I defaulted the the camera, then pushed the settings from the NVR. The only problem is the motion is not 100% reliable. It tends to occasionally miss recording some events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Need motion detection, and line crossing would be nice.
I have one of these on a couple of Hikvision NVRs, connected under ONVIF, where motion detection works OK. But no more advanced analytics will be available under that method :
upload_2018-7-8_13-15-51.png