Dahua cameras on Hikvision NVR?

mikey914

n3wb
Reaction score
Are the cameras interchangeable with each system? IE: Dahua cameras on Hikvision NVR or Hikvision cameras on Dahua NVR?

I just bought a Hikvision 7616Ni 16 channel POE NVR but it is absolutely horrible so I will be changing it for a different model

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this same nvr and it's great. What aren't you happy with? Going to be hard to find one in the hikvision line better.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your nvr should stay the same as your cameras ... or get blue Iris and mix match the hell out of it..

Last edited:

mikey914

n3wb
Reaction score
the camera footage was lagging in real time viewing, the menu looked like a little kid made it and the words are hard to see on a 32 inch HDMI monitor

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
the camera footage was lagging in real time viewing, the menu looked like a little kid made it and the words are hard to see on a 32 inch HDMI monitor
Something doesn't seem right here... I believe this model only has a dual core, but still you shouldn't have that lag. As for the menu looking like a little kid made it - Welcome to Most NVR/DVR menus...

Bottom line - I don't believe you have settings correct, or something isn't correct - maybe it's the cameras you've connected, maybe it's your settings, maybe it's something else, I don't know. Everyone has opinions about different manufactures, but bottom line is what you are describing isn't normal at all for HIKvision NVR's and I believe something else is in play.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The lag should be no more than a few seconds, unless more than one connection is made to the NVR at the same time then it will lag by about 10 seconds.

if you are connect direct to the nvr via a hdmi or vga there will be 1-2 second lag via a PC it will be greater.