Dahua ConfigTool using Instruction

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Config a dahua device via config tool , it's bit hard for the new guys, so i make some summary, hope can help all the new guys here. All cameras bought from us, we fully tested before shipping, so what you get 99.99% is the good working one.Just Make sure you are using the right power before you activate your camera and change the IP address.
My English is not good, any guy can help checking for the expression that would be great.

This video just as an example, the IP address on the video just as a reference, have to be the same subnet of your own network.

View attachment 20200619-170330.mp4
Andy
View attachment 20200619-171023.mp4

Attachments

Last edited:

Atechnical

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The config tool only finds the NVR. The NVR assigned an 10.1.1.68 IP address see attached, but I can't access any camera settings. Thanks

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The config tool only finds the NVR. The NVR assigned an 10.1.1.68 IP address see attached, but I can't access any camera settings. Thanks
Dahua NVR's with built in PoE use a private 10.1.1.1 network for the cameras connected to them that you generally can't access directly.
If you click the internet explorer icon in the web browse column you can access the individual camera pages.

SmartPSS should allow you to change all of your Dahua camera settings.

Marble68

n3wb
Reaction score
Can dahua cameras be configured via an API? So someone like me could make a script to setup new cameras without having to use the UI?

Sorry if this is a stupid question - but I'm new here.. :)

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thank You Andy! If you get time can you send instructions for Batch Config (config multiple cams) Using Config Edit ?? Seems like I was getting an error last time I tried that...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thank You Andy! If you get time can you send instructions for Batch Config (config multiple cams) Using Config Edit ?? Seems like I was getting an error last time I tried that...
Connect all cams via POE switch to make batch IP address modify. What error it shows? Can post here?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Asking for a friend... really. :) If someone's home network is 192.168.50.x, will ConfigTool find a new camera at 192.168.1.108 and let him activate it/change the IP to 192.168.50.<whatever> without him having to mess with the IP on that PC that's running ConfigTool?

I don't have an easy way to test this scenario out on my home network, ... sorry for asking what might be a really obvious question.

Jmonroe

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, my turn. I received my Dahua camera and have been trying to initialize it. When I type its IP address in the IE browser it times out. When I use ConfigTool it also times out. Why is the camera timing out in the tool and when I try to bring it up by its IP address in the browser?

Attachments

Justin Blackburn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, my turn. I received my Dahua camera and have been trying to initialize it. When I type its IP address in the IE browser it times out. When I use ConfigTool it also times out. Why is the camera timing out in the tool and when I try to bring it up by its IP address in the browser?
Most likely your computer is on a different subnet that can’t access that subnet. Your pc IP address has to be on the same. Generally for dahua and hikvision it’s 192.168.1.X

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Take a look at the Dahua Wiki, that might help.

Here

eziorv

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks all. I got it initialized and working!
Bro, could you help me? i'm keep getting same error that you were getting and tried multiple soultions but nothing is working. it keeps saying , 'network error, maybe timeout'. how did you get your camera initialized? btw mine is Dahua Ranger 2.

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried using Internet Explorer (not Edge) as the web browser and going to 192.168.1.108? Just type IE on windows 10 start page.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Bro, could you help me? i'm keep getting same error that you were getting and tried multiple soultions but nothing is working. it keeps saying , 'network error, maybe timeout'. how did you get your camera initialized? btw mine is Dahua Ranger 2.
change your computer's IP address to 192.168.1.xxx then can be done.

eziorv

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried using Internet Explorer (not Edge) as the web browser and going to 192.168.1.108? Just type IE on windows 10 start page.
it's also saying "404 webpage no found" in internet explorer. i guess Dahua disabled web interferace for these camera in their firmware.