Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by bp2008, Mar 29, 2017.

Share This Page

1. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Well in my experience the autoFocus command worked reliably with only one request.

The adjustFocus command is the unreliable one. This command requires both zoom and focus values. I settled on repeating it 5 times, waiting one second between each request. The 5th repeat may optionally be replaced by an autoFocus command.

So, these are the 4 possible courses of action which the DahuaSunriseSunset app may take for handling zoom and focus:

A) 1x autoFocus command
    B) 5x adjustFocus commands, 1 second sleep between
    C) 4x adjustFocus commands followed by 1x autoFocus command, 1 second sleep between
    D) Do nothing.

Different numbers of repeats may work too. Those are just what I determined to be reliable for the camera models I tested against.

2. jaydeel

jaydeel Getting the hang of it

Perfect. I'll give these starting points a try with my Dahua api cameras:
    (2) IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
    (2) IPC-HDW2231R-ZS

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. hamsoplo

hamsoplo Getting the hang of it

Is it possible to make this program continuously send zoom/focus commands every minute or so for cameras that lose focus by themselves?

4. jaydeel

jaydeel Getting the hang of it

I've completed my testing and have settled on course 'B'. I had to experiment with the sleep duration and settled on 4 seconds. Anything less resulted in at least one of four out-of-focus cameras.

In case this helps anyone else, here's a few details about my approach...

1. To reduce the script run time, I settled on using master sleep duration. In a loop, I execute 1 adjustFocus command for each camera, then the sleep command, then repeat 4 more times. (I used the same Day Zoom, Day Focus, Night Zoom, Night Focus values that I configured into the DahauSunriseSunset tool.)

2. I added a commandline argument to optionally send the following 'zero-zero' command BEFORE executing method B. It proved handy in development when I was experimenting with shorter sleep durations (<3 seconds). These frequently left one or more of my cameras 'locked in' with a blurry image. When things were totally messed-up, starting at 'zero-zero' then executing method 'B' so far has worked every time.

Thanks again bp2008!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    aristobrat likes this.
  5. BHj

BHj n3wb

Hi guys.

I have a Dahua DH-SD49225T-HN. I wanted to get better control over the IR leds, and did not really like having to mess around with the day and night mode. I am not sure if this will help you, but I experimented a bit and found the following things to work for my purpose. These are not documented in any doc I have seen, so thought I'd post here;

Set the IR leds to OFF
    /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Off

For the IR leds to be on, the camera has to be in B/W mode. This can be forced with
    /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInDayNight[0][0].Mode=BlackWhite

..then the leds can be manually controlled with
    /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual&Lighting[0][0].FarLight[0].Light=50&Lighting[0][0].NearLight[0].Light=50

The SD49555 tas 6 IR leds, where nearlight (2leds) and farlight (4 leds) can be controlled separately. It seems that it might not be a good idea to use more than 100 in total.

IR has 2 auto modes
    /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Auto
    and
    /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=ZoomPrio

Color mode back to Auto goes by
    /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInDayNight[0][0].Mode=Brightness

May sometimes make sense to force to color via
    /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInDayNight[0][0].Mode=Color

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019 at 2:10 PM
    aristobrat likes this.