Dahua DHI-NVR5864-4KS2 not support custom protocol

dsl504t

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have Dahua NVR58164-4KS2
After update to newest firmware download from official dahuasecurity page (DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.5.R.220729), I can not add camera by using Custom protocol (RSTP) anymore. It doesn't show up in droplist. The previous firmware is still support and working fine.
Why Dahua eliminate custom protocol or my NVR is error? I need help.

Here is the new one:
trouble.png
Previous version:
trouble2.png

Thank you!

intelcom

n3wb
Reaction score
Did tou remember your previous Firmware? I have the same problem.. and i think maybe downgrade...

dsl504t

n3wb
Reaction score
I have found a firmware called DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.220322.bin Date: 2022-04-25
You may google and download it. I haven't tried yet.

Reaction score
It didnt work for me. I cannot downgrade to any version. It keeps saying "Upgrade failed" after 50% and then it reboots by itself and it is still the same version :(
DH-NVR5232-4KS2
I wanted to downgrade because I have a different problem. My non-dahua cameras are all called "IPC" and I cannot rename them on the NVR. The name on the camera itself is correct (using the browser I can change/see the name). Somehow the Dahua wont accept the names. I can change them using Smartpss or the browser, but if I refresh the list, it changes back to IPC immediately :(

Last edited:

dsl504t

n3wb
Reaction score
Change IPC's name in NVR always error in every firmware version, sometimes it automatically change to weird name or change back to default. It will never work, though I don't think it bother that much.
Change IPC's name in NVR always error in every firmware version, sometimes it automatically change to weird name or change back to default. It will never work, though I don't think it bother that much.
I suggest you should stop downgrading because it may brick your NVR.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I manege to downgrade model NVR5216-4KS2 to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000007.1.R.210827 and i can confirm that support Custom...
I have other problems with that brandnew firmware. I tried to "downgrade" it to a previous version, preferable 4.001.0000007.1.R.210827, but that firmware update (actually a trial of downgrade...) always stopped at around 50% of the process, reporting update failure. I tried it using the webpage of my NVR, the ConfigTool and an USB-stick in connection with external Monitor (HDMI). Always the same result. I would be extremely gratefull if you or anyone else could describe to me in detail how you "downgraded" the firmware. Must one go back to factory setting first? Thanks in advance for help!

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
I have Dahua NVR58164-4KS2
After update to newest firmware download from official dahuasecurity page (DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.5.R.220729), I can not add camera by using Custom protocol (RSTP) anymore. It doesn't show up in droplist. The previous firmware is still support and working fine.
Why Dahua eliminate custom protocol or my NVR is error? I need help.

Here is the new one:
View attachment 140755
Previous version:
View attachment 140758

Thank you!
Hello! I got also problems with my NVR5216-4ks2 after updating to 4.002.0000000.5.R.220729. How did you manage to roll-back to an earliert firmware? Whenever I tried that, the "upgrade" process stopped at 50% reporting update failure.

dsl504t

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! I got also problems with my NVR5216-4ks2 after updating to 4.002.0000000.5.R.220729. How did you manage to roll-back to an earliert firmware? Whenever I tried that, the "upgrade" process stopped at 50% reporting update failure.
I didn't downgrade. I have to live with these bugs/errors and wait for new released firmware.
You can use 3rd party software to downgrade. But it's high-risk to brick your NVR.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Custom RTSP has been removed.
The feedback was not entirely positive.
But we need to wait and see if they listened for the next release.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I manege to downgrade model NVR5216-4KS2 to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000007.1.R.210827 and i can confirm that support Custom...
How did you succeed in downgrading from 4.002.x to t.001.y ? Could you perhaps describe me that step by step?
RS-232 card, nullmodem-cable, and software (terminal-emulator and tftp-server) i have already installed on my windows-pc.
How to start now from here?
Your help would be appreciated very much!
Thanks in advance!

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello people in this thread. A new version is out! It was uploaded yesterday
I cannot find a "readme" for this one yet.
Hello People!
According to info which i have received today from a dealer - who had received the info from his distributor who got the info from DAHUA - has this firmware a fix for the problem reported by ME recently. Means that the NVR should no longer loose the configuration regarding the external alarm input (of any ipcam) after the NVR was off-power at least 1-2 times. Whether further errors have been fixed - should there have been any - has not been told. According to my understanding should one not be surprised if a NVR from manufacturer X would not work perfectly with ipcams from manufacturer Y. I am only using ipcams from DAHUA with this NVR from DAHUA.

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find it strange, that there is a standard called ONVIF, and that manufacturers do not keep to the standard. If they ALL would do that, then one can blend manufacturer X with manufacturer Y without a problem.
I also think "bugs" are sometimes on purpose.
The problem for me is that I want a HQ NVR, but cheap camera´s. The reason is, that I have MANY. And they only record bird activity in a nest box.
My Hiseeu HB615 camera is good quality. Good hardware and probably the best bang for the buck. 5 megapixels, sound, metal casing, POE, h265,built in web site, ONVIF,... I love them! I bought them for +- 40 USD.
ONVIF working as it should. Even motion detect is working as it should.

So if one little function does not work, I wonder what the root cause is. Is it maybe not a part of the ONVIF standard? Or is it a dirty trick to force people to buy only 1 brand. Or is it laziness from the programmers. Not interested in compatibility?
If I cannot get my problem solved eventually, I will not buy a Dahua anymore in the future.
I understand that sellers say to all buy the same brand. This is to avoid compatibility problems, but IMHO the Onvif standard is made to avoid exactly just that!

Can you imagine how well a NVR would sell, with the hardware specs of a good dahua, but a super compatibilty chart, with open firmware, so that it only gets better and better. Maybe this already exists? That would be my future choice for a NVR.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find it strange, that there is a standard called ONVIF, and that manufacturers do not keep to the standard. If they ALL would do that, then one can blend manufacturer X with manufacturer Y without a problem.
I also think "bugs" are sometimes on purpose.
The problem for me is that I want a HQ NVR, but cheap camera´s. The reason is, that I have MANY. And they only record bird activity in a nest box.
My Hiseeu HB615 camera is good quality. Good hardware and probably the best bang for the buck. 5 megapixels, sound, metal casing, POE, h265,built in web site, ONVIF,... I love them! I bought them for +- 40 USD.
ONVIF working as it should. Even motion detect is working as it should.

So if one little function does not work, I wonder what the root cause is. Is it maybe not a part of the ONVIF standard? Or is it a dirty trick to force people to buy only 1 brand. Or is it laziness from the programmers. Not interested in compatibility?
If I cannot get my problem solved eventually, I will not buy a Dahua anymore in the future.
I understand that sellers say to all buy the same brand. This is to avoid compatibility problems, but IMHO the Onvif standard is made to avoid exactly just that!

Can you imagine how well a NVR would sell, with the hardware specs of a good dahua, but a super compatibilty chart, with open firmware, so that it only gets better and better. Maybe this already exists? That would be my future choice for a NVR.
Did you report the problem to the dealer in writing (email) from whom you had bought the NVR? When and in which country had you bought the NVR? Had the problem already been there with an older firmware? My NVR had earlier a firmware 4.001.x from summer 2021 and that older firmware had no problem . One can still buy that NVR with such older firmware. I have also two other ipcams (but not in use at present), one 12MP-fisheye from HIKVISION and one 6MP- doorstation from MOBOTIX. I will try to reproduce your error after X-mas and will let you know. For that you may let me know your network setting (TCP, RTSP etc).