Dahua DHI-NVR5864-4KS2 not support custom protocol

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you report the problem to the dealer in writing (email) from whom you had bought the NVR? When and in which country had you bought the NVR? Had the problem already been there with an older firmware? My NVR had earlier a firmware 4.001.x from summer 2021 and that older firmware had no problem . One can still buy that NVR with such older firmware. I have also two other ipcams (but not in use at present), one 12MP-fisheye from HIKVISION and one 6MP- doorstation from MOBOTIX. I will try to reproduce your error after X-mas and will let you know. For that you may let me know your network setting (TCP, RTSP etc).
Update 2023-08-21: Megteh.eu contacted me and apologized. My email was filtered by mistake, so no one saw my messages

I bought my NVR from Megateh.eu. They have very good recensions, but they didnt answer at all when I emailed them for support :( So I feel I am on my own.
The problem was not there with the older firmware from 2021. After the upgrade, the problem occured. Unfortunately, I cannot downgrade. I tried with like 5 different versions.... I think they are not allowed to downgrade, only upgrade? :/ I also tried downgrading to the "one but latest", without result.

Last edited:

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought my NVR from Megateh.eu. They have very good recensions, but they didnt answer at all when I emailed them for support :( So I feel I am on my own.
The problem was not there with the older firmware from 2021. After the upgrade, the problem occured. Unfortunately, I cannot downgrade. I tried with like 5 different versions.... I think they are not allowed to downgrade, only upgrade? :/ I also tried downgrading to the "one but latest", without result.

View attachment 148905
Firmware downgrade impossible if from 4.002.x to 4.001.y told me "my" dealer in Germany and another outside Europe. That downgrade-block seems to be for technical protection of the NVR. Similarities with other models and firmwares from other manufacturers. At least I came to the conclusion not to upgrade any firmware unneccessarily with a system which works already...

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Firmware downgrade impossible if from 4.002.x to 4.001.y told me "my" dealer in Germany and another outside Europe. That downgrade-block seems to be for technical protection of the NVR. Similarities with other models and firmwares from other manufacturers. At least I came to the conclusion not to upgrade any firmware unneccessarily with a system which works already...
But I can't downgrade to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.220322.bin either.

That is also 4.002, just like the one I am running now.
I am not alone with this. I think no one can downgrade from the same version I am running.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But I can't downgrade to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.220322.bin either.

That is also 4.002, just like the one I am running now.
I am not alone with this. I think no one can downgrade from the same version I am running.
"My" dealer seems to have downgraded to another 4.002.x , i will try to check tomorrow.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Aber ich kann auch nicht auf DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.220322.bin downgraden.

Das ist auch 4.002, genau wie die, die ich jetzt laufe.
Damit bin ich nicht alleine. Ich denke, niemand kann von derselben Version, die ich verwende, ein Downgrade durchführen.
[/ZITIEREN]
"Mein" Händler scheint auf eine andere 4.002.x heruntergestuft zu haben

My dealer downgraded the 4.002 from .5 to .4, but to earlier 4.002 was not posssible.
I suggest you try first the .4 version. From that you could upgrade to .6 (yesterdays new version)

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't test the upgrade from yesterday yet. But I will. But I rather downgrade to the version that worked and then never upgrade again.
Thank you for your time. Greetings Jackdaw... ... Dohle ;)

intro42

n3wb
Reaction score
Any news on the possibility of rolling back to 4001? Or how else to start the rstp stream? Maybe can deploy some rstp proxy so that dahua can understand the stream? Without this feature in my case, the recorder is just a box, all 25 cameras previously worked only in custom mode.
.6 version is no different from previous versions.

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any news on the possibility of rolling back to 4001? Or how else to start the rstp stream? Maybe can deploy some rstp proxy so that dahua can understand the stream? Without this feature in my case, the recorder is just a box, all 25 cameras previously worked only in custom mode.
.6 version is no different from previous versions.
I upgraded any way...I couldnt help it :) It did not solve my problem, but I solved my problem some other way.
I was thinking of your problem.
Maybe you can import an old config file? (with cameras in it, that are using "custom")

Or did you try this already?

Kind regards, Jackdaw

intro42

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded any way...I couldnt help it :) It did not solve my problem, but I solved my problem some other way.
I was thinking of your problem.
Maybe you can import an old config file? (with cameras in it, that are using "custom")

Or did you try this already?

Kind regards, Jackdaw
Already tried it. Tried transferring the configuration from another unupdated nvr. That didn't help. How did you solve your problem? I'm trying to find some way to proxy the rstp stream into onvif so that dahua understands it. So far with no results.

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Already tried it. Tried transferring the configuration from another unupdated nvr. That didn't help. How did you solve your problem? I'm trying to find some way to proxy the rstp stream into onvif so that dahua understands it. So far with no results.
I have send you a PM. Lets continue there . If we find a solution to your problem, we can paste the solution here :)

intelcom

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi to all. The way that I did it was One by one firmware step back. But I know from my distributor that any DVR/NVR can’t downgrade to firmware lower than the original stock firmware that had when you order it. So if you have the DVR/NVR from 2020 you can downgrade until 2020. If you have it from 2021 you can downgrade until 2021 and so on..

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi to all. The way that I did it was One by one firmware step back. But I know from my distributor that any DVR/NVR can’t downgrade to firmware lower than the original stock firmware that had when you order it. So if you have the DVR/NVR from 2020 you can downgrade until 2020. If you have it from 2021 you can downgrade until 2021 and so on..
After I installed the 2022-07-29 version, I could not downgrade to ANY other version. Not even the one from 2022-03-22.
Others have this problem as well.
(My original stock firmware was from 2021)

noobi

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution? Versions 2022-07-29 and 2022-11-15 have a major bug breaking DMSS IVS notifications.

noobi

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you describe the bug ?
I maybe update my NVR , would be nice to have more information
For some reason, IVS push notifications stop working after updating to 2022-07 or newer FW. SMD alert and basic MD alert notifications work fine.

rossomaha

n3wb
Reaction score
I encountered a problem adding a new camera DS-2CD3T20D-I3
DHI-NVR5216-4KS2
V4.002.0000000.6.R rtsp not supported
installed the vendor sony, I saw the camera.
It’s very bad when the manufacturer cuts the functionality at will, forcing the admins to dance with a tambourine.

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I encountered a problem adding a new camera DS-2CD3T20D-I3
DHI-NVR5216-4KS2
V4.002.0000000.6.R rtsp not supported
installed the vendor sony, I saw the camera.
It’s very bad when the manufacturer cuts the functionality at will, forcing the admins to dance with a tambourine.
You should be able to get that one working with onvif. Try port 80? Otherwise, use onvif device manager to find out what port to use.

rossomaha

n3wb
Reaction score
You should be able to get that one working with onvif. Try port 80? Otherwise, use onvif device manager to find out what port to use.
use 554
I chose the vendor instead of onvif, I saw the camera, but I couldn’t read the device name.
The registrar sees the picture, it’s crutches, but it works.
Now I changed it to Axis. Bitrate does not determine only.
If you set the arecont, the bitrate shows, but it is low (1280*960 ). 4K camera
If we install Canon, then there is no error with the name, the bitrate is --

antus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I just decided to revisit this after loosing the ability to talk to my old cameras. Now, I have the old cameras working, but the details are a little bit hazy, so I will tell you what I did and where I ended up.

My NVR is a NVR4xxx-4KS2L, not the one in the title, but the experience was the same, and this seems like the most detail thread to post to.

I am on:

Model: DHI-NVR4216-4KS2/L
Hardware Version: 1.0
Web Version: V3.2.7.153676
ONVIF Server Version: 21.12(V3.1.0.1258253)
ONVIF Client Version: V2.4.1
System Version: V4.002.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2022-11-15
Security Baseline: V2.2

I found this file, its a tiny 5.6Kb bin:
From the filename which includes "custom", "rtsp", and "PART" In a moment of potential insanity I decided to upload the tiny file as a firmware and see if the NVR accepted it as a patch and turned the feature on. I expected it would more likely reject it and not flash, or potentially brick it.

To my great surprise the NVR accepted it and started and completed the flash process very quickly. Then it rebooted. Also to my great surprise after a couple of minutes it came back online and was working again as it was before the flash (instead of being the brick I expected).

The NVR firmware version and date did not change. And I am not completely sure the rtsp/custom mode was not there before, but I do remember trying everything to get this camera to work when I got the NVR and when I last updated it, and there was no way I could get it to work. Last time I saw it work the ONVIF didnt work and I had to use the custom mode you are all talking about. Note that it detected as HTTP port 80, and I had to enter 8899 with notes from last time, too. If I turn off "custom" rtsp mode back to "self adaptive" it stops working.

I would probably not mix and match this with other firmware versions but it seems it did work for me. At least it was accepted and didn't brick on the above hardware and firmware versions.

Attachments