Dahua DMSS App.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So far this app seems pretty good, I like the playback much better on this version, does seem to be much faster.
The push notification for IVS tripwire seems to work for me on android, now to test it on i version.
I can’t get Playback to play motion or IVS (smart) recordings at all....

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
New DMSS is a overhaul on the UI but yet again many issues as gdmss. Constant crash on Android app on playback and issues with motion IVS. Most weakest part of a Dahua CCTV system is the mobile applications. Such a shame they cannot organise decent software!

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
New DMSS is a overhaul on the UI but yet again many issues as gdmss. Constant crash on Android app on playback and issues with motion IVS. Most weakest part of a Dahua CCTV system is the mobile applications. Such a shame they cannot organise decent software!
Agreed
Parts of my app crash every time I click on certain task.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Push notifications for ivs sends many at same time stamp.
Every time I try to go into (me) settings the app crashes so can't adjust times between.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This app (as the old ones) don’t use vertical space on modern mobiles... in live view there are only 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4 modes which use only 40% of vertical space...

There should be modes like 2x4 and 3x6 which works in vertical and horizontal modes...

or 1 and 2 column list modes which shows all cams from NVR scrollable vertical (like In UniFi Protect).

Last edited:

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also push notification subscribed in this app don’t contain preview images and full channel names (only numbers).

Different app from Dahua consumer line: Imou Life have push notifications with image preview and channel names, which works on Dahua NVR.

Attachments

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The iDMSS app I can get it to go straight to live view 4 square as soon as i open the app but with DMSS I can't get it to do the same. Also why can't both apps they make the message tab to show all notifications received? Instead it only displays the notifications that I have clicked on and viewed.

cal2vin

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the timeline marker moving to 1 hour before the actual footage? This is on iOS app. See pic66614C44-9E3F-4793-9B89-880B3234AC0A.jpeg

cal2vin

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have the android version and able to get the playback to work without the app quitting? I have two customers with android phones and it renders the playback function useless. For now I guess I’ll have them get setup with gdmss plus?

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Indeed the same for me on new DMSS. Even the update hasn't resolved the diabolical issues with the app. Very embarrassing when you install a high standard system for a customer and then they access the app that doesn't even work for basic functions.

cal2vin

n3wb
Reaction score
Indeed the same for me on new DMSS. Even the update hasn't resolved the diabolical issues with the app. Very embarrassing when you install a high standard system for a customer and then they access the app that doesn't even work for basic functions.
Yes exactly. Even when it works. The method of reviewing footage is awful. I’m actually searching for an incident today for a client who didn’t know the exact time and it’s a public marina with tons of traffic so motion is not a good indicator. Scrubbing footage is about impossible. I wish there was a way to scroll through the footage fast and have it move along with the cursor. Not , move , wait to load , watch in real time then repeat x150 times. Even smart pss is the same way.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes exactly. Even when it works. The method of reviewing footage is awful. I’m actually searching for an incident today for a client who didn’t know the exact time and it’s a public marina with tons of traffic so motion is not a good indicator. Scrubbing footage is about impossible. I wish there was a way to scroll through the footage fast and have it move along with the cursor. Not , move , wait to load , watch in real time then repeat x150 times. Even smart pss is the same way.
I wouldn't use an app for that.

I would check on it directly from the NVR itself unless your client is using scandisk card to store recording directly in the camera then try using the SmartPSS software.

cal2vin

n3wb
Reaction score
I wouldn't use an app for that.

I would check on it directly from the NVR itself unless your client is using scandisk card to store recording directly in the camera then try using the SmartPSS software.
well I just have him remoted into it using P2P. It is an NVR with purple drives. The client is not typically physically at the property. I didn’t like the web interface for scrubbing footage either but it is definitely better than the app. Do you feel it’s better than smart PSS? I need to setup a VPN for remote access for him it’s that’s the case.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
well I just have him remoted into it using P2P. It is an NVR with purple drives. The client is not typically physically at the property. I didn’t like the web interface for scrubbing footage either but it is definitely better than the app. Do you feel it’s better than smart PSS? I need to setup a VPN for remote access for him it’s that’s the case.
The SmartPSS should have array of thumbnail to quickly scan all motion detected screenshot that you can pick ones that look suspicious to review the video on.

cal2vin

n3wb
Reaction score
The SmartPSS should have array of thumbnail to quickly scan all motion detected screenshot that you can pick ones that look suspicious to review the video on.
ive been looking for that feature. Been through the dahua wiki and I haven’t really been able to find that.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
ive been looking for that feature. Been through the dahua wiki and I haven’t really been able to find that.
Is he using IVS to trigger events? If so, then it's under AI search if I recalled correctly. It been awhile since I use SmartPSS but the internet bandwidth between the computer with SmartPSS and the NVR at the location will still play a role affecting how well the SmartPSS will response to your commands.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These days a mobile/tablet is a choice to review footage on any CCTV system. Especially if you do the right thing and hide the DVR/NVR in the loft space or Atic (for USA) where no monitor is attached. I just wish Dahua would up the game and provide a basic usable application. It's been a fail and embarrassment for CCTV installers for many years. HIK slightly better for mobile applications but don't prefer the kit. Smart PSS is also hit and miss with functionality, but indeed optimum but somewhat lacking.