Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@cor35vet, When they rejected the FW you posted originally, they would reboot, do go through the reboot prcess, IR ilumminates, lens motor clicks and work no problem afterwards, no stuck in bootloop, do respond to pings BUT they just don't respond to TELNET, telnet is already set to enable in each camera but keeps getting port 23 no response BS error, that's why i don't get it, tried on other PCs, same BS error..
Okay, very good to hear!
As I said before I've made a custom firmware (patches only user and custom partition) for HDBW4431R-ZS, which software version do you have - best make a screenshot of the version page.
If you have the latest chinese version on your cam I can send you my custom fw that you can flash over it and your cams should be english,french,spanish.

t0p0ne

n3wb
Reaction score
you have to enable telnet after each boot.. it does not stay permanently enabled.
I already made sure it's currently on and enable telnet in camera, then telnet right away but still get that port 23 error, many times.

Okay, very good to hear!
As I said before I've made a custom firmware (patches only user and custom partition) for HDBW4431R-ZS, which software version do you have - best make a screenshot of the version page.
If you have the latest chinese version on your cam I can send you my custom fw that you can flash over it and your cams should be english,french,spanish.
That's great if you can share that FW, i just want it in English. I already uploaded a screenshot of version of my cams at page#3, but here it is again

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I already made sure it's currently on and enable telnet in camera, then telnet right away but still get that port 23 error, many times.

That's great if you can share that FW, i just want it in English. I already uploaded a screenshot of version of my cams at page#3, but here it is again
Here you go: https://i.botox.bz/BUILD.bin
Remember, only for HDBW4431R-ZS, I added only the HWID of that camera into the check.img to make sure it can't be flashed on another camera.
The flash layout is completely different on this camera compared to the other Eos cams.

t0p0ne

n3wb
Reaction score
Here you go: https://i.botox.bz/BUILD.bin
Remember, only for HDBW4431R-ZS, I added only the HWID of that camera into the check.img to make sure it can't be flashed on another camera.
The flash layout is completely different on this camera compared to the other Eos cams.
It worked!!! See attachment. I was able to flash one using ConfigTool V1.07.3.R.130701 at port 3800, i'm going to flash the rest later

Big thanks @cor35vet for all your help!!! Sent a few beers to your Paypal :)

Attachments

Savda Sok

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone can help me turn my DVR Chinese only to English? model HCVR5108HS-V4

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone can help me turn my DVR Chinese only to English? model HCVR5108HS-V4
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time nowadays because of uni so I can't dig around for hours in the firmware.
However if you manage to find someone with the same NVR as yours but for the US market and get him to make a backup of /dev/mtd0 and you then flash his mtd0 to your device.
Your device should become a US model aswell.

Hint: Run dvrmanager (or dvrhelper ?) on the DVR via telnet, it'll print a bunch of stuff to the terminal.
One of them should be IsInland: INLAND, on a non-chinese one that'll show IsInland: ABROAD
It is very likely that this is stopping it from being switched to english.
I couldn't find out where that information is stored exactly and how it is encoded, however I do believe it is on mtd0 in the u-boot environment.
Which is why that mtd0 trick should work for switching it if you find a ABROAD model.

Graatz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Cor35vet,

I have a native Chinese PTZ DH-SD6C82E-HN

I can give it the latest Chinese firmware with a lot of improvements. I have the latest Eng Firmware as well, but the camera says "illegal upgrade ...". Can you help me if I send you the two firmware's?

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Cor35vet,

I have a native Chinese PTZ DH-SD6C82E-HN

I can give it the latest Chinese firmware with a lot of improvements. I have the latest Eng Firmware as well, but the camera says "illegal upgrade ...". Can you help me if I send you the two firmware's?
Yeah sure just post the links here or PM me.

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Graatz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Cor35vet,

Thanks for your effort!! I just did a small test but it looks great! Can you explain how you do that: change the check.img ? Thanks again, great work.

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First unpack it:
Dahua-Firmware-Mod-Kit/extract.py -c HX4X2X-Themis -v General_SD-Zi-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.400.0000.16.R.20160517.bin

Change to the extracted dir:
cd General_SD-Zi-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.400.0000.16.R.20160517.bin.extracted

Open check.img.raw.
Replace "English" with "SimpChinese"
Save it :p

Finally repack it:
Dahua-Firmware-Mod-Kit/build.py -c HX4X2X-Themis -v .

Now you can flash General_SD-Zi-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.400.0000.16.R.20160517.bin that is in the build/ directory.
The camera will accept it because it thinks the image is a chinese one (but it isn't muahah)

Obviously you need GitHub - BotoX/Dahua-Firmware-Mod-Kit: Unpack and repack Dahua IP camera firmware upgrade images. and all the required dependencies.

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quick update, you can disable the P2P "feature" when you set the camera to chinese language and refresh the page (F5).
Looks like so:

I'll try to see if I can figure out why....
The translation exists in the English.txt - but I know that when the translation is missing it shows the translation code instead.

Edit: Okay figured it out lol, web partition: js/set.js:
Code:
{
                    filename: "autoRegisterConfig",
                    t: "w_Auto Register",
                    authority: "NetConf",
                    condition: !(!isEnable("show_auto_register") || !/simpchinese/i.test(k.get("DHLangCookie30")))
                },
just remove the condition... :)

Last edited:

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Alright folks,
had some play time today with the Dahuas.

The following BETA firmware came out of it: https://i.botox.bz/DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Eos_BETA.bin
MD5Sum: 1addff512701786017dc9116da65c498 | SHASum: e5aa23de339836472a114c2f33ffa5b0e8a5fd5c
It's for Eos cameras, check first post for compatibility (it won't let you flash on a non-compatible cam anyways)
Changes are as follows:
  • Unlocked options to disable P2P:
    1. Network -> TCP/IP -> Easy4ip
    2. Network -> Access Platform -> Lechange Pro
  • Unlocked "Auto Register" in Network settings, no idea what it is. Maybe something the NVR sets?
  • Unlocked Remote Log in Log.
  • I think Lock Login in System -> General is new?
  • Hacked Playback to also work with NAS/NFS.
    • Playback tab will be enabled when you have an SD card (default) or enabled NAS/NFS feature. (F5 after you added a NAS)
    • Added option to select NAS instead of SD, obviously...
    • I barely tested it but it seemed to play fine... feedback welcome.
    • FTP can not be supported, stop using it, it's awful.
There are also not working VPN and AD/LDAP options - not implemented yet. Maybe next version?

Have fun, please post if you figured something new out or got more ideas.
(There seem to be some more IVS rules - but I barely even touched the current ones lol)

Reaction score
Wow, you guys are awesome at this!
I'm hoping you can help out a fellow Dahua owner since Dahua NA support really isn't getting me anywhere.

I've got 4 different Dahua IPC cameras in my environment, and never before have I had trouble viewing them all in firefox until this latest round when I upgraded to the HDBW81200.

So now 2 of my 4 conflict with each other. They are the:
IPC-HDBW81200E-Z
2.400.0000.8.R, build : 2016-02-23
and
IPC-HDW4431C-A
2.460.0000.4.R, Build Date: 2016-06-21 (original)
2.420.0000.21.R, Build Date: 2016-07-24 (NEW & current, from OP)

From what I've learned these webplugins install to

C:\Program Files\webrec\Torch then I have 3.0.0.1, 3.0.0.2, 3.0.0.3 as subfolders.
Unfortunately, it seems both the above cameras use the folder 3.0.0.3 but have entirely different (and apparently mutually exclusive) files inside them.

Do you see anywhere you can set this path easily and could you make it just about anything else? (e.g 3.0.0.3-na)

My other I also have an IPC-HDW4300S-V2 and a SD59230T-HN as well, but these are unaffected with either of the above plugins. (assuming they're the .0.1 & .0.2 folders)
Is there anything y'all can modify to fix this so I can see all my cameras at the same time inside FF?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think this question should be in it's own thread...
Try if it works with IE or Firefox ESR, modern browsers killed the APIs that the camera plugins need.