Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware

ahoj444

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello friends,
i have little problem i need reflash firmware on IPC-HDBW4431R-AS i hope that it is chinese version ?? Ftp record stop working so i want try reflash firmware but i need same or compatibility firmware.I find DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Eos_EngFraSpaRus_PN_Stream3_V2.420.0000.22.R.20161209 but it is not equal with my so i dont know .I attach picture with my data of camera.Thanks for help. I have eeprom programer when i will be need..
firmware is equal with this "
Software Version: 2.420.0000.21.R, Build Date: 2016-07-24 "

Attachments

Dr. Fuzzy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a bricked Chinese DH-IPC-HFW4431M-I2-V. I've managed to connect a RS232 interface and setup a tftp server successfully. Anyone which could point me to a firmware to try for this model?

JeroenV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all! I have two IPC-HDW4631C-A from Ali. One has firmware 2.640.0000002.0.R which works fine for recording with Openvault. The other one slightly older and has an issue with both FTP and NAS recording. I found my model on the official website, downloaded firmware DH-IPC-HX5X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000018.0.R.210707 and now it's bricked. I can still ping it on the old IP and Putty shows a login on port 22 SSH but the password no longer is default 1234567a or admin/admin? The webinterface is FUBAR and port 3800 does not seem open? Any help would be welcome! I also wonder if the tool in this topic can pull the firmware of the working unit so I can use it on the older model?

Attachments

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From my point of view, you can not install any new firmware on this IPC.
However, I think you can dump the FW from the working IPC and flash this file to the other.
Happy, if you can share the dump.

JeroenV

n3wb
Reaction score
From my point of view, you can not install any new firmware on this IPC.
However, I think you can dump the FW from the working IPC and flash this file to the other.
Happy, if you can share the dump.
Yes that would be perfect if that worked! Thing is I only have SSH access at the moment, not sure were to start?

Attachments

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For a dump you need a working IPC and a connection via serial connection and a reader. Not really easy from my point of view.
Probably you can flash via TFTP the CHN version - in this case the WebUI will be in chinese.

Have also 2 HDW4631C-A (2.46.GP01.16R. 2017-09-04) - but have not yet tried to update them.

So, from my point of view, you should first try to use TFTP and to upload the chinese version. Happy to get feedback from you.
Otherwise, happy to buy you bricked IPC :) to play around with all the stuff.

BTW: Was never able to find my FW in the WWW.

JeroenV

n3wb
Reaction score
For a dump you need a working IPC and a connection via serial connection and a reader. Not really easy from my point of view.
Probably you can flash via TFTP the CHN version - in this case the WebUI will be in chinese.

Have also 2 HDW4631C-A (2.46.GP01.16R. 2017-09-04) - but have not yet tried to update them.

So, from my point of view, you should first try to use TFTP and to upload the chinese version. Happy to get feedback from you.
Otherwise, happy to buy you bricked IPC :) to play around with all the stuff.

BTW: Was never able to find my FW in the WWW.
I need to do quite a bit of work to mount it off the wall, do you know if my model has the serial pins? I do have a USB to TTL , should that do the trick?

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that this IPC has serial/UART. Maybe you have to use "soldering iron" to add the cable. Not really sure what adapter is needed, but I think USB-TTL would work. Hopefully someone can help.
However, frist step should be the TFTP trial - is much more easier.
Just my 2 cents :).

JeroenV

n3wb
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that this IPC has serial/UART. Maybe you have to use "soldering iron" to add the cable. Not really sure what adapter is needed, but I think USB-TTL would work. Hopefully someone can help.
However, frist step should be the TFTP trial - is much more easier.
Just my 2 cents :).
It does seem to have the port! I found this online: click

Attachments

Last edited:

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think J6 on the first picture should be the UART.
Can you please tell me what chip it is in the middle of picture 3 ?
And also on the left side of picture 2 ?
Thanks.

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can dump also the firmware from the working IPC with a CH341A programmer (Winbond 25Q256).
I have broken a VTH and what I learned from a guy (different forum) that you can dump it the FW with this "flasher". Probably easier.

JeroenV

n3wb
Reaction score
You can dump also the firmware from the working IPC with a CH341A programmer (Winbond 25Q256).
I have broken a VTH and what I learned from a guy (different forum) that you can dump it the FW with this "flasher". Probably easier.
yes but I'm not going to desolder the chip on my working unit hoping to repair my €45 broken camera. The TFTP seems the easiest way but just need to find a correct firmware for my IPC-HDW4631C-A. The one from the Dahua site bricked it so don't like to try that again.

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is no need to desolder, you can use a clip with a cable.

And for the TFTP you have to use the chinese version.

JeroenV

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no need to desolder, you can use a clip with a cable.

And for the TFTP you have to use the Chinese version.
I was hoping to find someone with Linux that can mod the original file to work. Guess it's the language part that breaks it right?
I did order a CH341a but will take couple of weeks to arrive. I also don't like to take the other unit off the wall so must happen outside with my laptop I guess?

Attachments

Last edited:

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You will find many threads that there is no way to update "cracked" IPC for the chinese market with new international firmware. BTW: Since 2017/2018 all FW are signed.
The only option you will have to:
  • install the chinese firmware or
  • dump the firmware from a working IPC and write it back to a broken
Update 01: Have checked you firmware above. This FW is for IPC-HD4140X-3D only. So, this FW is completely wrong for your IPC.

Last edited:

JeroenV

n3wb
Reaction score
You will find many threads that there is no way to update "cracked" IPC for the chinese market with new international firmware. BTW: Since 2017/2018 all FW are signed.
The only option you will have to:
  • install the chinese firmware or
  • dump the firmware from a working IPC and write it back to a broken
Update 01: Have checked you firmware above. This FW is for IPC-HD4140X-3D only. So, this FW is completely wrong for your IPC.
Ok will have to wait till the CH341a arrives then I guess. Never used it but looks straight forward. Guess I need to save it as .bin, connect to the bad cam en overwrite the rom right?