Dahua H2.65 IPC-HFW4431R-Z 2.8mm ~12mm

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does the camera (IPC-HFW4431R-Z) have IVS? I can't find that in the specs and I cant find the camera on the dahua website. Thanks

Here: Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z 2.8-12mm motorized lens IR 80M Bullet camera H.265 POE 4MP | eBay
It's a Chinese market only camera with English hacked on but....
There is the firmware mod project here that addresses that with modded english firmware.

Re IVS, yes it does have it, works extremely well surprisingly.
If I was to get any more of the China Only Dahuas, it would be the HFW4431R-Z.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's a Chinese market only camera with English hacked on but....
There is the firmware mod project here that addresses that with modded english firmware.

Re IVS, yes it does have it, works extremely well surprisingly.
If I was to get any more of the China Only Dahuas, it would be the HFW4431R-Z.
Thank you for answering. I put in an order for a few to add to my system.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, I am still waiting for mine. Can you confirm if it has SD card slot?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Damn... even $20 cams have this feature...
I'll be connecting to NVR and use it for LPR purposes (not automated), but always like a backup...

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not legit. I got excited with the spray can. I like my cameras to blend into the forest a little better then bright white. And heat isn't much of an issue here.

Last edited:

Dmitheone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all! I want to buy this model but i don't know if have Alarm Action: Email Photo! Can someone give me this information please?Thank you

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys. I bought this camera for LPR purposes only. Does anyone use it as that? 12mm is not the best, and the new 5231 Z5 or Z12 would be fantastic, but I just don't have that type of cash to spend on LPR cam =( Maybe in the future.
I am looking for the right settings for the night time. Since there is no "iris" setting on this camera, can only play with SHUTTER, GAIN and GRADE. I tried 1/1000, can hardly see anything - had to go frame by frame to get this one.
What should I use for shutter, gain and grade? What bitrate I should be recording? And something that I did not work out - how do I focus at a specific distance? Do I place and object there and manually adjust until I think its in focus?
Nayr, can you help? I don't want to buy IR blaster...
Thanks guys

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi guys. I bought this camera for LPR purposes only. Does anyone use it as that? 12mm is not the best, and the new 5231 Z5 or Z12 would be fantastic, but I just don't have that type of cash to spend on LPR cam =( Maybe in the future.
I am looking for the right settings for the night time. Since there is no "iris" setting on this camera, can only play with SHUTTER, GAIN and GRADE. I tried 1/1000, can hardly see anything - had to go frame by frame to get this one.
What should I use for shutter, gain and grade? What bitrate I should be recording? And something that I did not work out - how do I focus at a specific distance? Do I place and object there and manually adjust until I think its in focus?
Nayr, can you help? I don't want to buy IR blaster...
Thanks guys

Load the largest mod firmware from this forum.
Will allow you to manually set the IR aka max power.

Then you want the shutter to be set to dark out the lights but still see the plates. :)

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@SergeyAU I suggest you read the posts here: LPR
I saw this section, but I could not find the camera specific info. This thread is about the specific model camera, so I thought it was appropriate to ask, knowing that Nayr has/had this camera.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Load the largest mod firmware from this forum.
Will allow you to manually set the IR aka max power.

Then you want the shutter to be set to dark out the lights but still see the plates. :)
I have the latest and IR set to the max.
Wanted to know what other settings to adjust. Just have no idea what does "GAIN" and "GRADE" settings do and what bitrate I should be recording at for the best results

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the latest and IR set to the max.
Wanted to know what other settings to adjust. Just have no idea what does "GAIN" and "GRADE" settings do and what bitrate I should be recording at for the best results
Play with the settings until you get it right. :)

Set bitrate to max if possible.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello. Finally got the camera installed and settings configured. For its purpose - great camera! But I have an issue with it now =(
While working great most of the time, it is randomly enters a reboot loop. Sometimes upto 10 minutes at a time. I contacted the seller on Ali that suggested to do a factory reset (connect two pins inside the camera).
Before I do this, has anyone had similar issues? Will doing the reset make the firmware Chinese again? Maybe I should try daily restarts, but that means loosing few minutes of recording every day...
I mentioned it earlier - it came running English firmware - same as I see on the forum

Last edited:

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just had another thought... I have IVS enabled with 2 tripwires, so that I know when the cars drove past. Maybe it just does not have enough processing power to handle it, as I was reading that original Chinese firmware did not have it enabled

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just had another thought... I have IVS enabled with 2 tripwires, so that I know when the cars drove past. Maybe it just does not have enough processing power to handle it, as I was reading that original Chinese firmware did not have it enabled
Make sure it's not able to connect to the internet. Putin fake dns servers. If you haven't, change the default password.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure it's not able to connect to the internet. Putin fake dns servers. If you haven't, change the default password.
=) I am sure he would love to watch the road outside my house. And when he had enough, he would use my camera to put fake votes for Tru mp. But no, no internet connection to the cameras. OpenVPN on my Asus modem only took 2 min to setup