Dahua H2.65 IPC-HFW4431R-Z 2.8mm ~12mm

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
or quality of the image. If can, save a bit and buy a starlight cam

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The value of this at $70... amazing. Can anyone verify the link and seller? Still a valid and reliable source?
HI Cali_guy

Please do note that as a Chinese market camera you will need to take some additional time to secure this camera if you want it connected to the internet, also note you may have issues with daylight savings time as well as firmware updates.

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 of these 4mp Dahuas to replace my hikvision 2032 cameras which have started randomly reverting back to default up addresses and becoming a pain. Hopefully these Dahua cameras will be an upgrade in picture quality.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I also have one of these(it was my first one, did not know any better). It is a Chinese market camera, of course. I would like to transform it, into an international version. That firmware in the link, is the right one to flash?
I just want to be sure, that I'm not messing it up.
Thank you.

Use the latest Mod firmware from @cor35vet

I've mirrored a copy here: Index of /DAHUA/MODFIRMWARE/EOS/

Either set your DNS to 1.0.0.1 or use your router to block it from talking to the Internet.
(Even with false DNS entries, it still calls home to it's hard coded IP addresses for easy4ip even when disabled....bug in the official Dahua firmware.

IVS should be fine, I have no issues with the one I have using 2 trips but I wouldn't push it too hard as a lot of CPU time is still being wasted on easy4ip.

Hopefully @cor35vet will throw up another firmware soon that has the Dahua bug fixes. :)

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In preparation for when my 2 arrive (uk) are there any things you need to do with cameras before connecting to network (Chinese Ali express cameras, English firmware hacked)

Also is it nesessary and advisable to flash modded firmware or should it be fine to just set it up and use it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In preparation for when my 2 arrive (uk) are there any things you need to do with cameras before connecting to network (Chinese Ali express cameras, English firmware hacked)

Also is it nesessary and advisable to flash modded firmware or should it be fine to just set it up and use it.
a hammer....avoid these modded cameras...
your hikvisions were reverting back to default because they were being hacked...see threads..if you are going to port forward these dahua they will be hacked as well - but you will not be able to update the firmware...

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought the conclusion was the hikvisions were not hacked as they are not open to the internet, no port forwarding to my cameras, they are viewed remotely via blue iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought the conclusion was the hikvisions were not hacked as they are not open to the internet, no port forwarding to my cameras, they are viewed remotely via blue iris.
if you had upnp enabled on the camera and router it does it automatically as soon as you connect to the network....two cameras having the same issue as thousands of others...way to much to be a coincidence....

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Upnp is disabled on my router though so is it still possible to access it ?

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah ok, so are you saying if it’s ever been enabled then it gets disabled it can still be accessed even though it’s now disabled. One of my cameras reverted to default last week but upnp was disabled then, has been since this first happened months ago.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah ok, so are you saying if it’s ever been enabled then it gets disabled it can still be accessed even though it’s now disabled. One of my cameras reverted to default last week but upnp was disabled then, has been since this first happened months ago.
It would depend on the router...

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Virgin media super hub. So when these new cameras arrive is it best to disable upnp on them even though upnp is disabled on router.
So the cor35vet firmware is not worth getting onto these cameras.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Upnp is disabled on my router though so is it still possible to access it ?
Hi Ajpepe72,

Depends on the attack... it is possible for you to hit a website or to have email sent to you which includes a payload to infect your cameras that are connected to the same network as your PC, thus why it is good to isolate your security cameras from your normal network.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Virgin media super hub. So when these new cameras arrive is it best to disable upnp on them even though upnp is disabled on router.
So the cor35vet firmware is not worth getting onto these cameras.
Won't matter if UPnP already is disabled but generally a good idea to disable just as a matter of good practice and in case something changes on the router side.

What typically happens is that people get these cams or other devices not knowing or caring much about security at that point and just wanting to make them work. A lot of routers are set up with UPnP on by default. So they put the cam on their network and the router happily opens things up. Turning off UPnP later doesn't close the port forward that already was created. The deed is already done at that point. It just stops the same from happening in the future. Also a lot of these cams use the same ports so another could have opened it and you also have other router weirdness where things just don't work the way that they should, people manually open ports up to test and then forget to turn them back off, etc.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I also have one of these(it was my first one, did not know any better). It is a Chinese market camera, of course. I would like to transform it, into an international version. That firmware in the link, is the right one to flash?
I just want to be sure, that I'm not messing it up.
Thank you.
Bumping again. Did not get an answer
Another question that I have, there is a goo idea to get this older firmware, since I have a newer firmware on it?
This is, what I have on it:
2.426.0000.22.R, Build Date: 2017-03-09

Probird79

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Turning off UPnP later doesn't close the port forward that already was created.
Interesting, I did not know that. So what would the solution be to reclose the ports that were open? Factory reset the router?

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting, I did not know that. So what would the solution be to reclose the ports that were open? Factory reset the router?
Go to the router UI and close the ports again if they were opened.

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so I’ve had my two 4431rz delivered, and before I go to the trouble of installing them could any of the first few posters on this thread who actually use these cameras give their feedback ?
If these really are not that good at night time then I may just re sell them and spend the extra on the 2mp starlight 5231rz if it’s miles apart in quality ? I assume the 5231 is upgradable if need be as aposed to the 4431 which is not ?
Thanks

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have good light at night in front of it, then is a great camera. For low light conditions, I would go with the 5231. 4431, it was my first purchase, after that I have got only 5231 variants. The 4431, will go on the side of the house.