Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP

Corellon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you go up in firmware then the GUI is the safe way, it should check if it's compatible or not. I'm not sure of the exact model of camera but if there are many versions of the firmware in between maybe skip 5 at a time before getting to the latest, I see no reason not to use the latest but due to potential partition realignment you may need to go with an in between version first

Reaction score
Do you know the intermediate version numbers that exist before 4.3? Do you have the download sources?

Thank you again for your help !

Reaction score
If your VTH/VTO is visible in ConfigTool upgrade to latest version.
You can get the latest versions from this thread Dahua VTO/VTH Firmware Link-Collection
Thank you for your reply.
I had tried your firmwares.

The firmware (green) is the one currently installed on my VTO2000a.
The firmware xxx (yellow) I had installed it but this one to brick my VTO2000a.

1636803601988.png

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Links to the configuration tutorials are posted in the thread I mentioned too (...Collection).
One more thing I suggest: To avoid problems with lightning and addons, I suggest to upgrade the MCU firmware too!

Reaction score
Links to the configuration tutorials are posted in the thread I mentioned too (...Collection).
One more thing I suggest: To avoid problems with lightning and addons, I suggest to upgrade the MCU firmware too!
Not too risky?
I do it with firmware "General_VTO2000A-MCU_V3.000.0000000.0.R.20181123" ?

1636813970745.png

I choose which one?

1636813871488.png

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No - not risky at all (at least not more than the normal firmware...).
And even if flashing fails, I posted a howto to unbrick failed MCU flashings.

You have to take the .bin file - can't remember which folder it'is in. The .hex cannot be flashed with config-tool anyway.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Common problem: Chinese tool cannot open a file from a folder with chinese characters in it's name.
Solution: Store the .bin file in a directory named e.g. C:\1 and give it a shot again.

Are you sure you are using the correct config-tool anyway? It should be latest version (5.0) from DahuaToolbox.
Somehow it looks totaly different on my pc's.

Reaction score
Problème courant : l'outil chinois ne peut pas ouvrir un fichier à partir d'un dossier avec des caractères chinois dans son nom.
Solution : stockez le fichier .bin dans un répertoire nommé par exemple C:\1 et relancez-le.
Ok !

Êtes-vous sûr d'utiliser le bon outil de configuration de toute façon ? Il doit s'agir de la dernière version (5.0) de DahuaToolbox.
D'une manière ou d'une autre, cela semble totalement différent sur mon PC.
My version :

1636815836991.png

Je ne trouve pas la source officielle de VDPConfig et rien sur le site DAHUA[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Reaction score
VTO2000a Mise à jour MCU ok !

1636817603820.png

VTH1510CH Mise à jour MCU ok !

Thank you very mush !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay, false joy!

With the SIP firmware and with the SIP server of the VPO2000a, it works every third time, when I put the system into service, I have no video feedback!

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys, it looks like the download link in step 2 no longer works. Does anyone has an alternative link or package you can share? I’m planning to use this method to convert a lorex camera to Dahua firmware. Thanks!