Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z network cable wiring.

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to run the cable between 2 studs so I had to cut the Network jack. Unfortunately my wife trashed it so I have no reference to wire a connector to the cable. Anybody knows the wiring scheme for proper poe?
Thanks

Josh Crump

n3wb
Reaction score
I had to run the cable between 2 studs so I had to cut the Network jack. Unfortunately my wife trashed it so I have no reference to wire a connector to the cable. Anybody knows the wiring scheme for proper poe?
Thanks
Orange-White, Orange, Green-White, Blue, Blue-White, Green, Brown-White, Brown

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are 2 standards... "A" and "B" please double check the other end if you can to confirm which one the cable is configured to.

t568ab.png T568A-T568B-RJ45-Cat5e-Cat6-Ethernet-Cable-Wiring-Diagram.png

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think You need the pinout for the Dahua wires not the EIA/TIA stuff.

I think I saw someone in one of the threads here recently posted it along with pics of a keystone punch down jack that replaced the original connector.

Might want to dig through those threads. I did a bit but came up with nothing. Someone here knows! Be sure as you can easily fry the cam with wrong POE.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't find it. Why don't you hop over and post in the main thread for this cam? A lot of smart folks read that one.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the camera has 6 wires:
gray
blue
yellow
orange
purple
brown
So that means you cut off the connector on the camera and not the cable feeding the camera. Unfortunately they use their own color scheme and it changes sometimes. I know this has been posted before.