Dahua IPC-HFW1320S-W not recording to SD card

dwl99

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 cameras connected via wifi. Over the last week they have both stopped recording to the SD card. When I look at the settings they are both correctly set for Motion Detect but the SD cards are showing as 57.72GB used and 0GB available. If I format the SD cards using the app it displays 0GB used and 57.72GB available. But if I close the app and start it again it shows 57.72GB used and 0GB available. So it appears that this is a storage problem. It seems a bit strange that both cameras have started to do this at the same time. Coincidentally, they have both lost the customised device photos I had set but I'm not sure if this is relevant. They are both on the latest firmware 2.400.0000000.16.R.20170831 and a reboot does not fix the problem. Any ideas?

BTW in normal use, does the camera record to the SD card until it is full or does it automatically erase older recordings to make way for new ones?

Thanks.

Last edited:

dwl99

n3wb
Reaction score
Cheers, I had completely overlooked that! The SD card isn't showing as available in either camera so I guess I'll be getting the ladders out to retrieve them & format them in my PC.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheers, I had completely overlooked that! The SD card isn't showing as available in either camera so I guess I'll be getting the ladders out to retrieve them & format them in my PC.
where did you buy theses cards...lots of fakes out there...ebay ali etc

dwl99

n3wb
Reaction score
The cards are legit from 7dayshop - I've used them for years. But I'll recheck them all the same!