Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E LPR Talk

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Many thread about it, but i guess will just start one for IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E.

Got my Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E , Installed and doing night testing now.

Here is my settings for night:

Map:
(about 140 feet)

Here is a picture where the camera is pointing to ,the area:

Few images,and Notice that at top there is a parked truck, as you can see the plate.

Rear Plate:

Front plate:

Now, the rear plate looks ok, but the front kind still needs adjustment, whats your advice on this?
And what adjust should i make ? i try few here in there but looks like i can get it right for some reason.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
P

(To view camera in browser i use this: The SeaMonkey® Project )

Last edited:

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am still playing with the this Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E witch i use it for LPR
From my point of view, to get the best while reading the car plate, it depends on 2 factors : angle and closer zoom/focus is better.
And of course you have to play with your camera settings to get the best reading.

Buy the Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E from Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY )
Fast shipping and great price.

Soon will update with other info.

For now i am still testing , but i am very happy with the purchase.

Other info:
New firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea NTSC and PAL 20180330
witch includes Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E
New firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea NTSC and PAL 20180330

Regards,
P.

Attachments

Matrix1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the recommended height for this LPR?

mhenley

n3wb
Reaction score
Random question that I'm hoping someone on the thread might be able to answer. Is it possible to remove the back mount on the IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E? I'm working on a concealment project and would like to have the cables going straight into the base, but not wanting to take a wrench to the nut too hard to test :) . Anyone know?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Random question that I'm hoping someone on the thread might be able to answer. Is it possible to remove the back mount on the IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E? I'm working on a concealment project and would like to have the cables going straight into the base, but not wanting to take a wrench to the nut too hard to test :) . Anyone know?
the cam can hang directly to the wall if no need the junction box PFA121.

Attachments

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see your other thread on this, did you try at 260ft? What were the results?
Ya i did , and did not worked . To far i guess or my location of the camera and the angle was not going to work.
I have it at about 140 ft right now and it does work during day time but , it could be better if the angle is much less then what ever i have it right now, witch is about 45-50 degrees and they say it should be around 15 degrees.
I think if you have a pole or a strong tree by the street and to install the camera there , that may work way better.

Still testing the night settings, as u know this IPC-HFW5231xxxx had the profile switching problem from day to night, not sure if it fixed or... as been few months that i have not done anything to the camera.

@EMPIRETECANDY , check this picture, is that the last firmware for the camera?

Thanks,

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Ya i did , and did not worked . To far i guess or my location of the camera and the angle was not going to work.
I have it at about 140 ft right now and it does work during day time but , it could be better if the angle is much less then what ever i have it right now, witch is about 45-50 degrees and they say it should be around 15 degrees.
I think if you have a pole or a strong tree by the street and to install the camera there , that may work way better.

Still testing the night settings, as u know this IPC-HFW5231xxxx had the profile switching problem from day to night, not sure if it fixed or... as been few months that i have not done anything to the camera.

@EMPIRETECANDY , check this picture, is that the last firmware for the camera?

Thanks,
Latest New 20180813 Firmware for DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea try this newer firmware.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , Witch one of those firmware suppose to load into the z12e?
DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813.bin
or
DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813
Forgot what i loaded last time.
And will this fix the day and night profile switch ? and also auto zoom in / out?

Thanks
P.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , Witch one of those firmware suppose to load into the z12e?
DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813.bin
or
DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813
Forgot what i loaded last time.
And will this fix the day and night profile switch ? and also auto zoom in / out?

Thanks
P.
This firmware already updated 2-3 versions compare to the one that you have, you can make a checking. In USA, you can use this one. DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wanting to use a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E for identifying license plates leaving the street. I’m wondering if the street lights will intefer with the view or would I be able to zoom enough to crop them out and get a good view? The attached pic is of a current cam where the z12e would be installed.

Reaction score
Wanting to use a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E for identifying license plates leaving the street. I’m wondering if the street lights will intefer with the view or would I be able to zoom enough to crop them out and get a good view? The attached pic is of a current cam where the z12e would be installed.
Without having any clear idea of the distance from the camera to the road, my impression is that you'll be fine with the -Z12E.

But if you want some extra margin just to be on the safe side, I'd advise paying $100 more for the SD49225T-HN. You'll get the advantage of PTZ (easier to adjust without manually fiddling with the camera) plus much greater zoom.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. Probably 225’ to the top of the street. I like your suggestion just not sure I want the size of that camera under my soffit.

Without having any clear idea of the distance from the camera to the road, my impression is that you'll be fine with the -Z12E.

But if you want some extra margin just to be on the safe side, I'd advise paying $100 more for the SD49225T-HN. You'll get the advantage of PTZ (easier to adjust without manually fiddling with the camera) plus much greater zoom.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Great Post I have a similar camera which is soon going to go up for LPR. I will go thru this thread so I can get an idea of settings of night profile. Thank You!

Reaction score
Thanks. Probably 225’ to the top of the street. I like your suggestion just not sure I want the size of that camera under my soffit.
I thought that until I installed mine. Yes, it's larger, but the shape is actually less intrusive than a varifocal camera. At first glance the dome shape looks like it could be a decorative lamp or light of some sort. Place one on each corner of your house, and chances are most people won't even notice them.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought that until I installed mine. Yes, it's larger, but the shape is actually less intrusive than a varifocal camera. At first glance the dome shape looks like it could be a decorative lamp or light of some sort. Place one on each corner of your house, and chances are most people won't even notice them.
Anyway of getting a redacted picture of your install of how it looks?

Per Dahua Dimensions are:
Φ160(mm) x 295(mm)
6.2" x 11.6"

SD49225T-HN | Dahua Technology

Not as big as I thought.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyway of getting a redacted picture of your install of how it looks?
Here's a photo of an SD49225T-HN mounted next to a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E on the corner of my front porch. In my case, I have the advantage of the paint scheme of my house blending in with the color of the camera housings, plus the angle of the roof hides the mounting bracket at the top of the SD49225T-HN. The PTZ camera is larger than the varifocal camera, but not to the point where it draws too much attention to itself.

Most people don't even notice my cameras until I point them out. And even if they notice the varifocal camera, they often don't realize what the PTZ camera is until I tell them.

Attachments