Dahua IPC unbricking / recovery over serial UART and TFTP

mtriggiano

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello community, I have a VTO1510CH which I want to recover ... I am trying to establish the connection and I only receive strange characters, could you give me a hand with this? I leave a capture of my configurations and what I get in addition to the connections

Attachments

Pseudoreal

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear all:

I have a question - I am trying to fix a VTO2000A-C, which cannot be found in VDPConfig. However the VTO boots up (lights go on) and also reacts on pressing the ring with replies (no device found, etc.).
So I was trying to flash via UART.

I bought an USB to TTL stick and it looks installed properly (Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge on COM3). However, I did not get any result in NCOM booting up the VTO (it simply gives a blank screen). And I tried all pins of VTO with RX or TX at the stick.
Then I figured that something might be wrong with the stick, so I connected RX and TX of the stick and started NCOM (and afterwards Putty), but I do not see an Echo when I write in the field, which means I write "echo", but I do not see a second "echo". So something to be broken with the USB stick.

Any idea what I can try to fix this?