Dahua N3wbie , can’t figure out why IVS events won’t record

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That camera, most cameras, should not be run in Auto.
That’s a whole nother 15 pages of explanation, but I haven’t run a single camera in auto since about 2015

Daytime set that to at least manual exposure custom range 0-4

Nighttime try 1/120 or custom range 0-10 at least. It’s going to depend on ambient light

Bitrate 8192 min.

FPS doesn’t really effect quality , 15-20 is fine

So are you sure by watching the IVS in the camera gui direct it’s not tripping flashing red lines? Take Synology out of the equation.

Make the changes above and the extended IVS lines (focus on tripwire for starts) and see how it does

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What about the other 8 cameras? Any Dahua running IVS?

Are AI settings plan IVS only? No metadata, no Acupick stuff?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont have a 180 cam, various reasons I'm not impressed with them, they do have their uses. One of our guys has them at the top of the house and they provide an awesome view of his neighborhood. But I wonder if any other 180 cam users have problems with IVS?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is well documented in the 180 thread that the 180 camera can struggle with triggering, especially as it gets further away from the center of the image.

It makes a great overview camera, but I don't use it for alerts because it struggles with triggering consistently, especially at night.

Paiberfunk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hrmmm perhaps I chose poorly .. I guess I can live with over triggering and SMD on in a specified area of the coverage