Dahua NVR, all recordings are green, live view as well

Reaction score
Hello guys.
I have Dahua NVR DHI-NVR5216-4KS2 bought from @EMPIRETECANDY the other days.
I did FW upgrade to
V4.001.0000007.1, Build Date: 27-08-2021
as per their website but now, I have all recordings from that time on completely green (I mean, whole picture is green :) ) and also Live view is green.
iDMSS works normal.
So whats up with this? Any idea? I did not do any factory reset etc. (I don't want to spend time to enter all the settings again).

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
... I did not do any factory reset etc. (I don't want to spend time to enter all the settings again).
Back-up the NVR settings, perform factory reset, restore settings. NOTE: Disconnect all cams from NVR BEFORE performing factory reset, there have been reports that the nvr reset process also resets all the camera settings.

To be safe, log in to each camera and back up their settings as well before resetting anything.

Edit: Disconnect all cams from NVR BEFORE performing factory reset, there have been reports that the nvr reset process also resets all the settings within each respective camera.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you done this (I mean, have you got this problem?) or you just think it is right?
I am wondering how those with 100 cameras are handling this - I really don't think they are un-plugging cameras etc...

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Have I experienced green hue on all cams after firmware update? No. I have experienced bad things after a firmware upgrade that was solved by resetting the system to factory defaults, and customizing/fine tuning all the settings again. Only had to do this once (manually) to appreciate having a good back-up of the system settings and restoring them in only a minute or two.
Keeping with the KISS principle, it is one of the Simpler things to try at this time on your system... that is IF you have a good back-up of your NVR settings on hand.

As for back-ups of NVR and cams? It takes only a few minutes per device to create a copy of the respective devices settings, and the same amount of time to restore, in the event the fecal matter comes in to contact with the rotational air displacement device. The alternative to this is having no back-ups, and setting everything manually... this could take hours. Recently, one member estimated 10-12 hours to reset a dozen cameras after a reset of his NVR also wiped the settings of his cameras. For those with 100 cameras... manually setting could take days.

Unplugging numerous ethernet connectors still takes less time than resetting every camera. Simply trying to promote working smarter, not harder.

Reaction score
Yep, before upgrade business was as usual...
As for resets etc. I really don't understand the reason why to bother with this time consuming step - no offence, it is probably not your/you all faults - it is just no pressure for vendors from customers to do something in this matter...
(Maybe try to imagine to wipe whole iphone after every single upgrade - "just to be sure". Well, it would not happen).
Let's wait for other opinions, I would say factory reset et. al. is last resort for me though.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello guys.
I have Dahua NVR DHI-NVR5216-4KS2 bought from @EMPIRETECANDY the other days.
I did FW upgrade to
V4.001.0000007.1, Build Date: 27-08-2021
as per their website but now, I have all recordings from that time on completely green (I mean, whole picture is green :) ) and also Live view is green.

iDMSS works normal.
So whats up with this? Any idea? I did not do any factory reset etc. (I don't want to spend time to enter all the settings again).
feel free to share an example so others can visualize what you are seeing better ..

Efnx

n3wb
Reaction score
Experiencing this issue as well - NVR web viewer showing solid green for all cameras, DMSS mobile works fine. Anyone have a solution?

Efnx

n3wb
Reaction score
H.265. Image comes up as expected using the camera's web interface or DMSS. Only the NVR web viewer seems to have problems.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Experienced this as well in the past. Cameras in use for some time, & out of the blue their feed appears with a green hue in some viewers, and not others. Changing it to H.264 always seems to correct the issue. I believe I have read in other threads that some folks have had luck changing to H.264 to correct issue, then immediately switched back to H.265

</$0.02>

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it's not broken, don't fix it. Meaning don't update firmware just because.
Anytime you update firmware it is recommended to reset to factory defaults and set it back up from scratch, not importing saved settings.

You should only use firmware that you obtained from the vendor you purchased from.