Dahua NVR + Amcrest Cameras

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah the WebUI is pretty much the same, its the same plugin and same engine.. they just themed it.

SmartPSS is so much better than the WebUI, I have a dedicated monitor on my mac just for it and its always running..

JOSGAR966

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DVR model dahua dvr5108h dated 04/21/2000 which forgot the password to unlock need help with any program that send me or otherwise thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
why dont you create your own thread instead of trying to hijack someone elses.. and for a 16 year old video recorder, IMHO toss it in the trash can.. your just wasting your time.

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which SmartPSS version would you recommend among the three provided by this link http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/download_2.html?

I've gone through their description but most, if not, all are very foreign to me especially the 1.15 latest version, so I leave it to you because you're the expert.

Just so you'll know, I'm already satisfied with this recorder (NVR42A04-P) and have no interest in the 'PC-NVR' aspect of the SmartPSS...will be using this solely as a substitute/alternative for the OSD. The specs of my PC in case you need it:

Phenom 2 3Ghz Quad Core Zosma
12Gb RAM
1 Gb VRAM
Windows 10 64-Bit

Thanks.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I purchased two Amcrest IP3M-954E's from Amazon and intend to use them in conjunction with the Dahua NVR5216-16p-4ks2. Will the motion detection and some smart functions work? Or is Amcrest exactly similar to other companies selling Dahua-rebranded equipment in the US?

use the latest

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I purchased two Amcrest IP3M-954E's from Amazon and intend to use them in conjunction with the Dahua NVR5216-16p-4ks2. Will the motion detection and some smart functions work? Or is Amcrest exactly similar to other companies selling Dahua-rebranded equipment in the US?
FYI - had no issues connecting it to the same NVR model - I have yet to try motion detection on it, that is next on my list of things to do.