Dahua NVR PoE Connection Quality

Cocktail

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm starting to get into the final stages of my Dahua security camera setup. I was playing with the NVR today and noticed an odd indication on the PoE connection page and I am wondering if I should be concerned or rework my connections. The NVR is a NVR5216 PoE, Camera 1 is a HDBW4231AFS, Camera 3 is a HDW5231R-ZE. As you can see in the pic, Cameras 2 and 4 (both HDW5231R-ZEs) indicate "Good" quality, however Cameras 1 and 3 are blank. All 4 camera feeds look great and the power consumption is even across all cameras.

All cameras are connected through new Cat6 cables and terminated on Cat6, punch down, keystone jack wall plate. Camera 1 run is about 40 ft, 2 - 55 ft, 3&4 50 ft.

No big deal or should I look at reworking some of the wiring?

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm curious to hear about the quality rating too. I'd wonder if there is a PC based software that could give similar info.

DaveInFL

n3wb
Reaction score
The link quality status appears to be random. See my post in the thread below:

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/700ft-long-run-epoe-build.39057/#post-359981

I have since found that it often changes when I cycle power to the NVR or manually disconnect/reconnect the jacks feeding ePoE ports 1 thru 8. All of the cameras are working so I just ignore the status.

Maybe you can tell me if you are able to get an IPC-Offline event or Video Loss Event? See my thread below:

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/dahua-nvr-ipc-offline-alarm-or-video-loss-event.39942/

I bought my NVR from Andy so I may need to contact him to get an answer?

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback Dave. I agree that it doesn't seem to have a useful meaning. If it did, I'd like to understand it to prevent issues on any POE connected device - NVR or PC.

Sorry, but I can't help with the video loss or offline notifications. I don't have access to the ePOE nvr I saw the POE signal quality rating on. However, I think the buzzer notification uses a relay and a piezo buzzer connected with an external power supply. I could be wrong though.